Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Satellite radio

joelgjoel

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Convertible
The satellite radio I transferred to the Vette can't be hooked up so it continues to take over the radio when motor is turned off or key is on accessory. The tech tells me it's because the radio is a neg ground or something like that. The installer had also told me and I forgot. Anyway, I understand that there is a sat radio made for the C5 that will work properly. Anyone know about it and where?

The satellite radio I transferred to the Vette can't be hooked up so it continues to take over the radio when motor is turned off or key is on accessory. The tech tells me it's because the radio is a neg ground or something like that. The installer had also told me and I forgot. Anyway, I understand that there is a sat radio made for the C5 that will work properly. Anyone know about it and where?

I installed the Sirius adapter without any problems. Used Sirius
adapter to antenna that takes over when the Sirius receiver is
on. When the Sirius receiver is off the radio receives the normal FM
signal.

before i converted to double din pioneer and sirius receiver, i had used the frequency modulator module from serious (it plugs into the antenna lead and then plugs back into the radio) to "capture" a non used FM frequency (i used 88.1 in my area). the portable sirius receiver also connects to the module.

i believe where you are getting confuse is that the various "add on" sirius radios aren't all alike power requirement wise. the older units were regular 12 volt units. the newer radios are only 5 volt and require that you either use the cigarette lighter plug in (they are wired to provide the appropriate voltage for the radio being used) or to use the hard wire kit that is sold by places like tssradio or sirius. they are multi function in that they can handle either the 12 volt or the 5 volt radios depending how you set it up. ALL the radios are negative ground, it is the voltage that varies radio to radio.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom