Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Satellite radio

BruceEdwards

Corvette
1988 metallic blue coupe
Has anyone installed an aftermarket satellite radio system in their '88 with a removable glass roof panel?

Thanks,
Bruce Edwards
Rutland, Vt.

Bruce
I installed a serius sat radio in my 84...location was kind of tricky mounted cradle just north of the auto stickshift and ran the FM pickup wire behind the radio face plate..ran the sat pickup antena over to driver side front windshield post and then down to the dashboard driver side inner corner..this kept everything inside and allows me to pop the top and not worry about the signal or radio..works great looks fine..hope this helped you
fyre:w

first off. you will be very happy with sirius. i have a convertable and this is how i did it. i ran the antenna wire down in where the windshield meets the dash. run that till you hit the "A" pillar. i used the passenger side. you can hide the wire in the pillar under the weatherstripping. you run that up the pillar till you get the top and again you can just lift up the windshield weatherstripping and hide the wire going across. i put some double stick tape, about 4 strips , on the top center off the windshield. placed the antenna on the tape, pushed down real hard, then cut off the excess. real easy. results, real nice. i can email you with some pics. i aslo hard wired the power supply so i could free up my cig lighter form a radar detector. feel free to email me with any questions.

BruceEdwards said:
Has anyone installed an aftermarket satellite radio system in their '88 with a removable glass roof panel?

Thanks,
Bruce Edwards
Rutland, Vt.
i installed a xm roady2 in my 85. the antenna is a small 1"X1"X.5" and i used 3M double sided tape to mount it to the roof section, (i guess you call it the "B" pillar halo) between the hatch glass and the "glass top". i mounted the receiver unit with the vent mounting kit to the air outlets in the center of the dash. i just power it from my cigarette lighter outlet. the roady is a wireless fm modulator, and i found one FM station that i get really good output all the time. as far as sound quality, who knows, with all the road, exhaust, and engine noise, it sounds decent (probably as good as the bose radio output, which isn't all that bad). when i store the car for the winter, i just pop out the receiver unit, and install it in my home docking unit. as far as sirius vs XM, and which one is better or has better programming, i won't get into that subject.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom