Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Satellite Radio

D

daveo

Where do people mount their radio and antennas?
96 Vert, Polo

father & son

vette-02.jpg
mounted base unit with valcro. then routed antenna line and mounted in center of hatch on the painted area. use molding tape to attach
vette-08.jpg

After a lot of thought, I ended up putting my XM inside the center console compartment. The lines of the '96 dash are just too flowing to stick something rectangular there. Plus you have to plug it in to the cigarette lighter. If you loosen the console around the shifter, there should be a 3 wire bundle taped off. One ground, one hot all the time, and one hot when the ignition is on. I bought a cigarette lighter plug from Radio Shack ($8) and wired it in. The plug is essential; the XM adapter is a 12 to 6 volt transformer. I routed my antenna wire through the back and velcroed it to the inside lip under the hatch. It's a bit of a hassle to lift the console lid and look down to change channels, but it worth it to have it completely out of the way. I'd include pictures, but my beautiful LT4 is now surrounded by a 2' protective coating of snow. I hope to have it back on the road by February.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom