Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Save on shipping if canadian

65-StingRay

Corvette
1965 BB StingRay coupe black with maroon 67 hood
Just checked my mail. The first was a letter from the federal gov. letting me know I owe them nothing after paying tons of taxes, but their watching me, as their notice of assessment let me know. The 2nd was a life-insurance statement on my son telling us that although we have paid into this plan for 15 yrs. - as a cash settlement it's worth $31.11. Wow!How's that for a sinkhole. But there's some good news too. My corvette parts arrived today. But for the first time I did not have to pay shipping at both ends. I pay shipping when buying and I pay shipping when receiving. It's a loser for the Canadian buyer in the American market. Anyway, Corvette Central just sent me my first parts package without having to pay double. How you ask? Corvette Central has become a Broker. Needless to say I save on a big brokerage fee and on a dual shipping fee. One in American on my credit card and one with cash at my door. I can't tell you guys how often I've been hit big time with brokerage fees. They seem to be at the wim of the person working that day. UPS is not cheap when paying both ways, either. I know Cor.Cent. is only one of many part outlets out there doing business. So whatever I can't get from them, I will use other suppliers. Paragon, Zip, Dr. Rebuild, etc. So if your Canadian and getting stung by homegrown retailers charging double or more for parts and tired of high shipping and brokerage try them out. Jeez, you'd think I was doing an comercial for them.

Here's a picture of my car although it's not a very good copy because of the size of the file.

Wayne

You know this was explained to me before and I still cant understand why it happens to you guys up north.

Dont you guys also get stung with the money factor or convertion from canadian to amercan dollars?

PS on the insurance policy not all of them are designed to build equity you almost have to be a lawyer to understand all of the cash out charges and the cost of the insurance charges.

We get hit every which way up here. Huge income tax, then tax on everything you buy, gas/insurance going through the roof so that profits will soar and our elected officials can take Lear Jets to their cottages (true) and of course, we still have to appease Quebec continuously...
On the other hand it is a great place to live, an illness can't bankrupt you, very little violent crime, lots of space with no pollution (almost) and now I can drive my Polaris 4X4 around town (new bylaw)...
Folks are real polite, too.

That's interesting re Corvette Central. I am going to check that out. I don't believe you are paying shipping twice. What you pay at the door is the brokerage fee plus the PST and GST. And you cannot avoid those taxes.

CAC.jpg

I just got even with all those money grabbing bastards, (excuse my french..ha ha).

I was just down in Florida for an 8 day vacation which allows me $750 CA to stuff to bring back, as well as 750 for each of my two kids, and 750 for my wife.

Well half a day later and a 1 hr drive to Ecklers in Titusville, and I was at my limit, and my son bought some Vette parts too, (he's 7) and so did my daughter, figured I better not get into my wifes clothes shopping budget though.

The tricky part was packing it all, there were alot of small parts but, I also got a new front spoiler, which fit diagonally in my wifes suitcase, it was pretty funny when she was unpacking our suitcases, there were bags of vette parts in every little corner, under the underwear, in the little ones diapers you name it.
So take this :booty you tax grabbing, shipping fee, buttheads.

Mart

The Kohns (CC owners) have worked long and hard with Revenue Canada and Canada Customs to put that program together, and it's going to save Canadian customers significant amounts of money - quite a "competitive advantage" for them.

:beer

JohnZ said:
The Kohns (CC owners) have worked long and hard with Revenue Canada and Canada Customs to put that program together, and it's going to save Canadian customers significant amounts of money - quite a "competitive advantage" for them.

:beer
Over the past three years I've spent over $xx,000 with U.S. suppliers. You can't imagine how much I've paid at the door for brokerage too. Now they do it. :cry

www.67HEAVEN.com

Mart said:
I just got even with all those money grabbing bastards, (excuse my french..ha ha).

I was just down in Florida for an 8 day vacation which allows me $750 CA to stuff to bring back, as well as 750 for each of my two kids, and 750 for my wife.

Well half a day later and a 1 hr drive to Ecklers in Titusville, and I was at my limit, and my son bought some Vette parts too, (he's 7) and so did my daughter, figured I better not get into my wifes clothes shopping budget though.

The tricky part was packing it all, there were alot of small parts but, I also got a new front spoiler, which fit diagonally in my wifes suitcase, it was pretty funny when she was unpacking our suitcases, there were bags of vette parts in every little corner, under the underwear, in the little ones diapers you name it.
So take this :booty you tax grabbing, shipping fee, buttheads.

Mart
I did the same thing about 2 months ago. Only I sent my wife and son on a holiday to Orlando. Gave her a list and sent her to titusville. About an hour away. Got my parts about $700.00 worth.

Wayne

doesn't corvette america have an outlet in ontario??
there's a guy here in nova scotia who is a supplier for c.a. and his prices are way cheaper than the catalogue.for example 4 stainless lifetime calipers for 360.$ this price i gould not beat anywhere.
i too have been bit on the arse by our federal government and will not cross border shop unless i absolutely have to.(not by choice).
blair molland in bridgewater nova scotia will ship anywhere in eastern canada , he imports parts and buys almost every scrapped vette in eastern canada.
some example of prices i paid are.new l88 hood,$ 400.new front bumper(c-3)300.,used back bumper (excellent cond.)200. rad support 80.i go there and he has it all,and the prices are good.
anyone on the east coast (quebec and east)who would like his number, p.m. me and it's yours.mike

I've been to Blair's a couple of times and the amount of scrapped corvette's is mind boggling. Also have ordered a few things from him and was very satisfied.
Blair's the man in the Maritimes.

he has a phone,a flatbed and a pile of vette parts.i had a one page list of about 30 items(small to hood)he had all but two items and he shipped those within days.once you get with him, you just call, get the price, give visa number,get it the next day.

i don't think he even has a computer.mike

Good to know about Corvette Central, just got their catalogue, haven't bought from them yet though.

Here's an idea of what we Canadians go through with the likes of Ecklers.

I ordered the outer widow weather seal from the catalogue, part # 26359, it lists at $31.99 USD

By the time I got my VISA statement, everything included, shipping, brokerage etc., it cost me a grand total of $85.21 CDN

And the damndest thing is, now that I'm looking at the statement, I think Ecklers put it to me on the price of the weather seal!!!!! ... :cry

Ah well, I'll be on the phone to-morrow!!!!!

Ron ... :w

RonJ said:
Good to know about Corvette Central, just got their catalogue, haven't bought from them yet though.

Here's an idea of what we Canadians go through with the likes of Ecklers.

I ordered the outer widow weather seal from the catalogue, part # 26359, it lists at $31.99 USD

By the time I got my VISA statement, everything included, shipping, brokerage etc., it cost me a grand total of $85.21 CDN

And the damndest thing is, now that I'm looking at the statement, I think Ecklers put it to me on the price of the weather seal!!!!! ... :cry

Ah well, I'll be on the phone to-morrow!!!!!

Ron ... :w
...................I remember shopping for chrome lug nuts(to compliment my polished mags) a while back and I got the best deal from a local vette parts dealer(Corvette Plus).....It was cheaper for me to buy from him rather than order it from the manufacturer(Corvette Mike,in California,I believe).......I called Corvette Mike to oder them direct and when I calculated everything(American tax,shipping and Canadian taxes0 it worked out to be about 30% more.The fact that my Canadian supplier imported it himself worked out cheaper;shrug ..........mind you I still had to pay the darn taxes..lol

Thanks for this info. We really do get hosed with brokerage fees, it's almost criminal.

67 I feel your pain. :cry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom