Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Saw the C7 in person today....

LT4man

Corvette
96 Collectors Edition LT4

<tbody>
</tbody>
Today I went to the Chicago Auto Show. Spent a couple of hours at the Chevy exhibit.

First, to view the C7 in person. Took a few pictures.

Then, spent a lot of time listening to the people with their impressions of the Vette.

Most of the people viewing the Vette were not Vette owners or Vette club members. Most were ordinary car fans who always attend this show. Many families, both young and old. A lot of couples. A lot of single men & women.

99% of the comments I heard or solicited were positive. Men were telling their SO: "Honey, there's your Vette!" This was said in a very positive way. Not condescending at all.

I was impressed with the new Vette. I was also impressed with the pictures I had seen online or in magazines. Seeing it in person did not really sway me one way or the other. The car looks great.

My bottom line opinion is this: I will be saving up my dollars so I will be able to purchase one of these.

While driving your NEW C7, please be sure to SAVE the WAVE! :w

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a good time at the show LT4man. :w
Post some photos. Which color did you get to see?

They had the red one. I believe the same one seen at the reveal.

Will post some pics later.

I did not see much beside the Chevy exhibit. The Chevy representatives were extremely friendly and knowledgeable.

:w

<tbody>
</tbody>
Today I went to the Chicago Auto Show. Spent a couple of hours at the Chevy exhibit.

First, to view the C7 in person. Took a few pictures.

Then, spent a lot of time listening to the people with their impressions of the Vette.

Most of the people viewing the Vette were not Vette owners or Vette club members. Most were ordinary car fans who always attend this show. Many families, both young and old. A lot of couples. A lot of single men & women.

99% of the comments I heard or solicited were positive. Men were telling their SO: "Honey, there's your Vette!" This was said in a very positive way. Not condescending at all.

I was impressed with the new Vette. I was also impressed with the pictures I had seen online or in magazines. Seeing it in person did not really sway me one way or the other. The car looks great.

My bottom line opinion is this: I will be saving up my dollars so I will be able to purchase one of these.

While driving your NEW C7, please be sure to SAVE the WAVE! :w

Sounds good to me. You only live once!

I like red Corvettes. :w

Attachments

• P1050232a.jpg
    P1050232a.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 130
Not a pretty sight. :ugh
Already? Was the driver trying to set a record as the first new Stingray wrecked?? :ugh :chuckle

-Mac

Let's stay with the topic of the OP.

Any wrecked C7s deserve their own thread.

I am still basking in the glow of the C7 I saw at the Chicago Auto Show.

Thank you!

Need Pictures

Let's stay with the topic of the OP.

Any wrecked C7s deserve their own thread.

I am still basking in the glow of the C7 I saw at the Chicago Auto Show.

Thank you!

:w Hey, you old fart, what is a north sider doing on the south side? ScottNoxid :thumb

<tbody>
</tbody>
99% of the comments I heard or solicited were positive. Men were telling their SO: "Honey, there's your Vette!" This was said in a very positive way. Not condescending at all...

Seriously...99%? I didn't get to the Chicago show, but I was in Detroit...mid week. The equally-varied crowd was five-to-ten people thick around the car there. I was in the crowd for only about 1/2 hour, but what I heard was roughly 2/3 positive/neutral. There was notable head shaking going on too, though who knows what that meant...

You got me. Probably 99.3% of the comments I heard or I solicited were positive. I rounded DOWN to the next lower whole number.

I spent close to three (3) hours at the C7.

People kept coming up to look as others finally stepped away.

Lots of folks were snapping pictures.

People were thrilled with the C7.

They were totally blown away by the design and what they learned from the model spokeswoman.

I heard NO comments about the tail lights.

I too was fortunate enough to see the C7 in person! What a refreshing, positive change; what an exciting car!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom