Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

SB Blower Update

Kid_Again

Corvette
65 SB Roadster, 66 BB Coupe
I know you're all breathlessly waiting for the next installment on the Vortech install on the '65 sb...8 months' of weekend work:eyerole

Well, just about done and my tech article is just about ready for the printers.....

Took it for a ride to VNV's yesterday and it did fine in 90* weather but my idle started to drop as the day wore on..not sure if that's the linkage wearing in or I have some other stuff to fiddle with....BUT, I did beat the crap out of it when I took VNV for a ride.

What surprises me is how much I have to up-jet the carb to keep it from leaning out.

Will post a pic of the final setup when I get home.

Hope everyone had a great 4th!

I'll be darned.....already posted my pictures in the old thread

Looks like SOMEONE had a LITTLE too much celebration over the 4th

how about a link for those of us that can't find the "old thread" ?;LOL

how about a link for those of us that can't find the "old thread" ?;LOL

Speaking of "Old"....It's a good thing you didn't try and make it down here this past Friday. Frantic City was jammed with traffic and Shoo-Bee's. Ocean City was a mess. I didn't even attempt to venture over to Kid's.

It took him 45 min to get to my house from OC . It't normally takes about 20 min. Don't know how long it took him to get home ..but with that blower on his small block it might have been faster.

By the way.. Kid did a beautiful job on the install. It looks very cool when you pop the hood and see that big Chrome and red finned Huffer box on their.

Lot-sa engineering went into tha job. Never thought a Micro Bug guy could handle big chunks of metal...;LOL

Good point on providing the old thread ->

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86304&highlight=project+blow

...also, take a look at one of my last set of pictures which shows the engine as i originally bought it, then right after my first rebuild...the blower build up is the 3rd gen of this engine in my hands

....damn that traffic downa' shore....good thing i have a very good aluminum radiator (be cool blem) with a Spal fan and a PWM (pulse width modulator) controller which infinitely adjusts fan speed based on temperature...but, with the Kid's luck, nothing ever goes smoothly....driving home from VNV's, the fan locks on, on the low speed....after a call to Spal, they agreed the temp sensor took a dump so I bought two (common GM truck sensors) at NAPA....$20 vs. $39.95 on line

...i guess the other interesting problem with this car has been the block machining..i had problems with oil infiltration into the runners with the first build-up Dart heads...Bubba-fixed the problem and then i decided to put on new big-valve aluminum valves along with the blower....now i had a persistent coolant leak at the rear of the driver's side head...#17 bolt on that head "went soft" at 65# torque but that bolt is at the front, the leak is at the back.....

......so, rather than pull that engine AGAIN, i used a coolant sealant my NAPA guy swears by - Blue Devil - stopped the leak

...i know, i know, i get the Bubba award but i am TIRED of working, i want to drive

we'll see how long it lasts:D

Hey John!

OK, now you gave me my excuse. Just followin' along the OEMs!

****ED ME OFF NO END seeing that little spurt of coolant:W

actually, if it continues to leak, i'll just rationalize it as water injection;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom