Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Scared to Move Up

D

DaleB

Howdy Folks

I found a 98 Coupe with 17,000 miles, auto, heads-up, mostly standard equipment for the Edmund's listing of $29,400.

Been thinkin about either getting rid of the 94 or selling the wife and kid, er, sorry, house, wife and kid.

Head lost out to the eyes. Wife said no more used cars, buy a new one. Will have to sell 94, house, wife, kid and neighbors house.

Who can decide? I guess I better just look at the '98. Anybody have any pros or cons on the '98 ?

Appreciate the replies. The wife is packing her bags. I gotta hide the '94 keys, toooo late.

Enjoy the Ride

Dale:D

29 is not bad for a '98. One thing though, are you sure it is a '98 because HUD was first offered in '99. You might want to check that out.

With a 98, who needs a house, wife, or kids?:L:L

- Eric

Here is my advice, the price sounds good as long as the car is in nice shape. DO NOT buy the car if the Mfg date in the door is Dec. 1997 or BEFORE. GM made EXTENSIVE improvements mid year in the 1998s including the active handling option. I owned both a early 1998 and one built in Feb. They were two different cars. Trust me on this one. One really easy wasy to tell also is if the car has a "next generation airbag" sticker in the window. This was also added mid year.

Thanks folks :)

That's what I like about this forum, so much expertise. I do feel better but will check the date of manufacture. The salesman said '98 but it did have a 'HUD". I'll need to go back out to the dealer and check the VIN.

:(

Thanks to All

Dale

If it has a factory installed then it is not a 1998

If it has a Factory installed HUD then its a 1999 or up.

I agree. I drove a 97 and own a 99 and I feel the difference. The 99 is much better. If you get one get a midyear 98 or later. You will not regret it.

Well, if it's any consolation, I just sold my 90 and bought a 2002. Hasn't arrived yet, but hopefully this week. I was really upset the day the 90 drove away. But after a test drive in the C5 and a friend letting me drive hers, I really don't miss it that much now:upthumbs

vettenuts said:
Well, if it's any consolation, I just sold my 90 and bought a 2002. Hasn't arrived yet, but hopefully this week. I was really upset the day the 90 drove away. But after a test drive in the C5 and a friend letting me drive hers, I really don't miss it that much now:upthumbs

Cool! What color and options did you get?

DaleB said:
The salesman said '98 but it did have a 'HUD". I'll need to go back out to the dealer and check the VIN.

Dale,
I'm not suprised, I had a salesman (I think his name was Slick) swear to me that the Sebring Silver 96 on his lot was a 1996 35th Anniversary. When I countered him and supported my statement with basic math he got really ticked off. I got back in my car and laughed:)

- Eric

Rob said:

Cool! What color and options did you get?

Magnetic Red/Oak/Oak six speed :dance

My queer sense of humor emerges once more -- an "Oak 6-speed"? :L

_ken :Silly

Nice! Congratulations. That's a great color combination. If you get a chance, post a couple pics of it here.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom