Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Scores of new chevys stored for decades

96gs917

Corvette
1996 Grand Sport 917, 1996 Polo Green LT4
I came across this story on yahoo today. There is a 1978 Corvette among these cars that has 2 mile on it.
Some of these cars are probably worth much more today then when they dealer put them away.

I hope this link works. Check it out.

Yahoo!

That's about a hundred miles from here and right next door to BoDuke....hell there will be 5000 people there and that's just the vendors.......ROAD TRIP!!!.....I'm thinkin stuff will be going high....but you never know.....I would like to have that Impala.....

ROAD TRIP
If you go take some pictures. Should be one heck of an event. They have a bunch more cars
that they had stored all over. I wonder wht they have in the parts department...?

Last edited:
It blows my mind that there are cars stored away like this, some for over 50 years! Really liked the video, first time the Cameo had seen light for quite a while. Great collection of vehicles, be nice to see what else they had stored away.

B17Crew
:w

86eab95a-dd47-44fc-b552-429a5492ad21_15L_9.JPG

fb3bc5f8-2486-4f61-b9d5-91f9508c565c_15L_15.JPG

80b2ac5e-f06f-46cd-af10-98e79cf0c7ba_15L_7.JPG

65951211-1234-450f-8c90-a8b41a562564_15L_6.JPG

d52653da-07f5-49ac-bab0-aff342834d05_15L_5.JPG

talk about a time capsule… I want to see the CarFaqs!

And yet the odometer's tenth mile counter is yellowed. My 1974's hasn't. Surely this vette in the garage over the years, so it must have been the materials.

I'm conflicted as to whether this is super-cool or uber-tragic... They are cars- meant to be driven and enjoyed...

-Mac

Lordy....still got the plastic on the steering wheel.....take that right to the NCM.......

They don't buy Vettes. They build racetracks. ;LOL

Reminds me of all the years as a kid I would look at the two wierd Dodge Daytonas that never sold (being a small farming town). Then one day they were gone. Decades later I learned what they were and their value.

dodge-daytona-1969b.jpg

Reminds me of all the years as a kid I would look at the two wierd Dodge Daytonas that never sold (being a small farming town). Then one day they were gone. Decades later I learned what they were and their value.

dodge-daytona-1969b.jpg

No kidding.....I remember driving by a Plymouth dealer out in western Nebraska as a lime green Road Runner Superbird sat there for at least 2 years and I finally moved away and never did know what happened to it.......heck might still be there stored away......those things happen in Nebraska you know..:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom