Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

SCRATCH REMOVER

M

M.R.

WHAT RUBBING COMPOUND IS EVERYBODY USING FOR SMALL SCRATCH'S THAT WORKS GOOD ?

Tooth paste (not the gel type) will work.

Baking soda powder with a little moisture works very well for me.

I usually rub a quarterpounder with cheese on the swirls and they just disappear right before my eyes....

All I use is the Meguiars X. It did a fine job on some small scratches/scraps I had on my old BMW M3.

I have found that SCRATCH OUT by KIT works really well. Also I have found that MOTHERS Carnauba Cleaner/Wax was absolutely A W E S O M E!!!! I have never seen my Black paint look so good. I actually attributed my Trophy wins this year at shows because of the stuff . Also you can almost feel the protective barrier of wax after it is applied. One thing to remember about polishing compounds and scratch removers...they don't offer protection, so make sure you keep plenty of Wax on the Paint.....it is tough out there!!!:r

Well if you have a PC I would start with Meg.#80 if that is too mild then use #83. If you are going to do it by hand then all products to be used by hand are very close to the same but I have tried Meguiar's scratchX -Wax Shop safe cut and kit scratch out and 3M SMR The scratch out sells for $ 1.97 at Wal-Mart and out performs all of the others.Safe cut is next best Meg. ScratchX cost about $8.00 and you will develop tennis elbow before you can remove any serious scratches.
This subject brings up something that I have wondered about for some time.
Why don't this board have a detailing section CF has one I hang out on a lot of them since I have I show car learning to properly detail is must.

I like to use Safecut, made by the wax shop

I've used 3M Swirl Mark Remover 30009 for dark color vehicle applied by buffer per the instructions and Zaino's Fusion applied by buffer per instructions. Both worked great followed by clay barring, then wax, Z5 only since I have a black vette.

I also have used the scratch X as well and it worked ok, but I got better results from the two products I mentioned above.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom