Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seat belt flaps in the wind

J

jedi

Ok so it is finally warm enough to pop the top on my vette (Dam the allergy season). My passenger seat (when empty) seat belt flaps annoyingly in the breeze. It drives me crazy! :r Any suggestions on how to stop this.
Jedi

I have same prob. Have you tried fastening the belt(with no one in the seat)??

A GREAT looking girl in the passenger seat has stopped mine;)
...seriously, I have never noticed this, hmmmmm??
Is it only w/ the 94+ seats??

I have tried both, Fastening the seat belt when it's empty and a GREAT looking girl in the passenger seat. Cept she was a blonde air head and the wind blew in one ear and out the other with out stopping the flapping (From both her mouth and the seat belt) ;LOL So neither one worked, any other suggestions?
Jedi

Take up the slack with the cinch button or....cloths pins, pop rivit gun, hot glue gun, paper clips, velcro.....;LOL

go buy a MClaren F1 [ only one seat and one seat belt]

Actually, a McLaren F1 has *three* seats, with the driver in the forward-middle position, so you'd have the same problem twice over!

I plan to try a clothespin as per Eagle's suggestion.
[RICHR]

Binder clips

Get a couple of the large binder clips and attach the best you can figure. Took a little trial and error but mine has stopped for the most part.

The hot chick thing doesn't always work either. Another thing to consider is a boomin stereo, makes you forget all about the flapping.

Good point on the F1. Driver in the middle passengers side by side rearward.

Hell...when i take the top off... MY seat belt flaps right above my left shoulder. oh yeah...i'm also going faster than the speed limit at that point.

My year had a seatbelt recall (which was never done) so I took it in last fall and had 2 new free seatbelts put in by the local GM dealer. Both of these seatbelts don't retract fully and leave slack. I will be taking the car back before the year warrantee is up and have another 2 put in. Could this be your problem?

rrubel, my friend , this McLaren F1 GTR has one one seat. [guess i should of clarified myself]

Well, yes, the GTR has one seat - because it's a LeMans race car. The normal F1, that you or I could in our wildest dreams have a chance to drool on, has three seats (so, at speed, does that make it three seats to the wind? :) ).
[RICHR]

And you can imagine what part of the anatomy I would not mind losing just to sit in one and rev the motor one time....then beg for just one lap....just one mind you....;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom