Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seat Bezel

CELT4RAGTOP

Corvette
1996 LT4 Collectors Edition Convertible
When I bought my CE back in Feb., both of the seat back release bezels were broken. The dealer ordered some new ones and installed them for me. I just noticed that the driver's side is broken again. Are these things prone to breaking all the time? I know that Eklers and such sell these things, but is there anything special about them or installing them that I should be aware of (i.e. is there some trick to having them last more than a few months?) I assume that the person who installed them may have just tightened it too much, but I was just wondering if anybody else had this problem and possible a fix?

Maybe rigging some type of metal plate beneath the plastic bezel will work.

Anybody else have this problem?

Yep! I sure have, just ain't got around to replacing 'em yet. ;)

_ken :w

Put some locking nuts on the backside of mine. Just threaded 'em on the backside of the bezels onto the stem things (technical term if you don't understand what I'm talking about!);)

Seems to hold just fine....for now!

Hope this is what you're asking about! :confused

Mine were cracked too when i got my car. I ordered replacements from Ecklers. I just didnt tighten them down as much. I thought about getting longer screws, but these are doing well for now. John

It's just a poor design; no matter what you do, they're eventually going to crack from people sitting on them when entering or exiting the car. The bolsters aren't capable of providing a firm base for the bezel to sit on. :eyerole

Thanks for the input everyone.

Ken, I must be using the wrong term (bezel) or they are in a different location on our year cars. My seat back releases are on the upper back part of my seats. Nobody going to be sitting on them way up there (although it would look pretty funny.)

jbolanowski, That's what I was thinking. Either don't tighten them very much or try to rig some type of metal backing for support.

Thanks again guys

I gotta learn to read I guess, I was thinking the whole time of the power seat control bezels. Sorry. :eek:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom