Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Seat exit memory

marathon26

Corvette
'13 N R Blue Metallic Cpe & '15 Crystal Red Conv
Despite trying I don't know how many times and taking the 2015 to the dealer three times, I cannot get the seat exit memory option to work. I have two sets of TSB docs and have followed the outlined procedure. The best I have ever been able to do is make it activate the steering column tilt. Sometimes when I try to get it to program, it wipes out the two driving positions that are stored.

Does anyone have an idea as to what is wrong?

HI there,

There are many different reasons for any number of issues with the easy exit seats.

#1, if you push the easy exit button on the door, what happens?

#2, do you have anything behind the seat back?

#3, can you get your normal memory package to work?? In other words, does it know where you are for your given key fob?

#4, what has been done at the dealership? Did they do any reprogramming of the seat control, door control or body control module??

#5, how are back is the seat set for starters? Are you a tall individual?

Allthebest, Paul

Results of tests

HI there,

There are many different reasons for any number of issues with the easy exit seats.

#1, if you push the easy exit button on the door, what happens?

#2, do you have anything behind the seat back?

#3, can you get your normal memory package to work?? In other words, does it know where you are for your given key fob?

#4, what has been done at the dealership? Did they do any reprogramming of the seat control, door control or body control module??

#5, how are back is the seat set for starters? Are you a tall individual?

Allthebest, Paul

Paul -

Thank you for your questions.

Following are the answers to the questions -
#1 - If I quickly push the button, nothing happens. If I press and hold the button, the steering column moves a bit.
#2 - I double checked and there is nothing behind the seat. I had read somewhere that there were sensors in the bulkhead that limited movement.
#3 - The driving position memory works for both fobs. By that, I mean if I adjust the seat manually to the desired exit position, exit the car and the horn beeps, the seat will return to the driving position when the car is started.
#4 - The first time they replaced the memory seat module and programmed the module (7011320 0.8 plus 0.3 diag wcc:A8F56). The second time the work order shows they set the seat and nothing else. The third time the work order reads '1648 seat memory switch failure 0.60 replace drivers door memory switch op # 7011410 .6 hrs'.
#5 The driving position is what I call F1 style with the seat base tilted all the way back, the seat back and the back of the seat tilted as far back as it will go. Once I get it that way, I move it just a bit forward so it is not touching the bulkhead. The steering wheel is about 3/4 of the way out and adjusted straight with the rest of the steering column. The exit position is seat all the way up and almost all the way back so as to keep it from touching the bulkhead. The steering column is all the way in and all the way up.

Thank you again. I hope this all makes sense and helps.

JS

Infotainment setting

I do have Easy Exit or whatever it is called set to ON.

JS

Now tried everything anyone has suggested

I have now tried everything that folks have suggested here and on the Stingray Forum. I thought I had it last night, but it failed today.

Any ideas?

When you set the exit settings, the seat can not be all the way back. There must be some back movement possible after you set the exit setting. Again, the seat can NOT be all the way back when you set the exit setting. Good luck.

The seat is not all the way back. It has 1/2 to 1" of space between it and the carpet. The driving position is all the way back minus 1/2 to 1" of space as well. I'm beginning to suspect is is the sequence of events when it goes into the exit mode. The first thing it does is go up and that may be changing the location of the back with the carpet.

Thanks for the idea.

The seat is not all the way back. It has 1/2 to 1" of space between it and the carpet. The driving position is all the way back minus 1/2 to 1" of space as well. I'm beginning to suspect is is the sequence of events when it goes into the exit mode. The first thing it does is go up and that may be changing the location of the back with the carpet.

Thanks for the idea.

It's not the physical location of the seat that matters. It's the settings. I had the same problem as you. Once I set the settings to be less than full, both back and down, everything worked. Specifically, move the seat all the way back and all the way down. Then move the seat slightly (1/2" or so) forward and up. Then apply the set for the exit position. This is what worked for me. Good luck again!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom