Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seat foam installation

John-C5

Corvette
2002 Quick Silver Coupe
I purchased a pair of bottom seat foam from Eckler’s for my 94. Didn’t look like too bad of a project and on one of my seats the foam had split, so it was time to do something. Didn’t have any problem removing the leather seat cover but I’m having a real hard time getting it on the new foam. I realize the old foam has probably shrunk a little but it looks like the new foam is too big. Wondering if anyone as attempted this project and if there’s a secret to getting it on, or is it time to call in a professional.

Sorry, I got new leather at the same time, which was easier, once the old stuf was out. Very nice to have new seats.

Seems there is at least one 'interior guy' here, someplace.

Seat covers

I used to install seat covers and worked in the 'trim shop' at a Chrysler plant (many decades ago). We had 'compressors' that were thin, flat plates that really squashed the foam while the cover was slipped on or 'hog ringed' in place. If you're trying to do it 'by hand' just be patient and get it straight with uniform tension. Work from the center out in an 'X' pattern. Don't get it too tight or the cover will split in short order. Check out the springs and assure that they're tied or clipped per original and not rusted out before putting on the new foam.
You really need six hands but a little talc helps a lot.
Good luck

I ordered new sport seat foam and covers

I am expecting the boxes to arrive in The Netherlands in about 3 weeks.

seems I made a mistake in taking the Vette out of winterstorage already

patience is not my game when the Vette is begging me from the driveway to cruise it.

I will post some pictures when I am starting to replace

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom