Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seat frames?

Johan

Corvette
1974 red coupe, 1969 yellow vert
Does anybody know if...

...there is any difference between the seat frames of the early seventies models? (For example, the 74 has a metal detail at the headrest, but the 75 has not, but is the inside the same?)

...there is any difference between the left and right side of the seat frames of these models?

What I want to do is to use a 75 passenger seat frame as a 74 drivers seat (with new seat covers of course), will this work?

You mean the seat frame is different between left and right, or between 74 and 75?

When I examine the my seats (the whole seats, not the inside frame), the only difference between left and right seems to be the seat back plate, which has a slight difference.

The thing is, for my 74, I have a complete right side seat, and a left side seat with no back release hardware.
In addition to this, I have bought two complete 75 seats (left and right), and what I want do do is ofcourse to by new seat foam and covers, and get two nice 74 seats...

Johan, I am actually not 100% sure now. There were different seat options with and without head rests. Left to right I think you are okay, but I can't say for sure that 74 and 75 seats are the exact same.

I think you will just have to wait until you can lay them all out together and compare before ordering any covers.

Otherwise, the seat tracks will bolt up to the floor per each year model no problem.

Yeah, I think I have it all figured out now, actually the parts # for the seat frames are the same, at least for the seat back.

The models with and without headrests were the 68 and 69 models I think. Actually I am now using a 69 driver seat in my 74, and I'll guess I will try to sell it cheap to whoever needs one.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom