Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seat Rails/Tracks

clydeyb

Corvette
2001 Light Pewter Coupe, Auto
Hi,
I am new to the Corvette world, currently have a C4 and looking to buy a C5. I inquired about a '98 that is real clean and fair price but was told it has a sort of known problem with the seat rails??? They are weak in the C5??? Anyone know anything about this? Is it hard to replace them, expensive?? Any comments?? They are loose broken or something. The saet wobbles, is loose?? Electric seats with memory.
Thanks

Hi,
I am new to the Corvette world, currently have a C4 and looking to buy a C5. I inquired about a '98 that is real clean and fair price but was told it has a sort of known problem with the seat rails??? They are weak in the C5??? Anyone know anything about this? Is it hard to replace them, expensive?? Any comments?? They are loose broken or something. The saet wobbles, is loose?? Electric seats with memory.
Thanks

The seats can feel a little loose. My driver's seat has a slight rock backward when I accelerate. Most of the time I don't notice it. However, I believe there is a recall to fix that. Check out this link to the Knowledgebase. I don't know anyone that had this fixed so I can't say if this fully corrects the problem but there is a good chance it does.

Corvette Action Center Knowledgebase :: 1997 - 2002: Service Bulletin: Driver Seat Movement During Acceleration and Braking (Replace Adjuster Assembly))

If the seat only rocks forward and backward it is probably the rubber grommets on the ball screw and can be fixed per above mentioned link. Not so easy but doable. If there is any left to right movement or the seat changes pitch when raised/lowered it could be a broken bracket holding the power assembly to the floor mount rail, there is no real fix for that and the entire assembly has to be replaced. Not a cheep fix.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom