Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seatbelt Retractor Problem

mshipon

Corvette
1998 Lt. Carmine Red Metallic Coupe
I had the seatbelt recall performed on my '98 coupe about 2 months ago. I think the retractors were actually replaced. I soon noticed that they lock up on the slightest turn or curve. Since I haven't had my car very long, I can't tell if this is normal or not. I find it very anoying and quite uncomfortable. Does anyone know if there are some adjustments that can be made? I really don't want to go back to the dealer since we have a "strained" relationship, at best.

Thanks for the help!

I have also had the recall performed, and yes mine locks quickly.. Guess it's normal. Don't know if there is an adjustment, but really doubt it.

Gee,

Another strained relationship with a dealer.. I have the same problem.... It seems once you buy the car, the "service" in customer service goes out the window...

seat belt

I had that service done, and I don't think that I noticed any difference. However, I am a guy, so I don't notice much. Remember that when you fasten the seat belt, then pull it all the way out then let it roll back in, it is locked so that it won't release at all. I use it when I drag race.
Jim B.

Good Point!

You know, I never do pull it all the way out, but rather just pull across my waist and snap. It makes sense to "reset" the retractor. I'll give it a try the next time I drive my car.

Thanks!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom