Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seats

try2pas

Corvette
1972- original; 1980 - restomod; 2016 - Z06
Has anyone tried replacing their stock seats with the Corbeau GTS 11 or A4 seats? Our seats in our '80 are killing us and want to get some better seats but must fit OK in the vette? Also they sell double 5 pt chest harnesses. Anyone tried those out?

Has anyone tried replacing their stock seats with the Corbeau GTS 11 or A4 seats? Our seats in our '80 are killing us and want to get some better seats but must fit OK in the vette? Also they sell double 5 pt chest harnesses. Anyone tried those out?

I've installed Dynamic Auto Design seats in my 1980. I've had a couple of C3s over the years and tried several seat combinations. Corbeaus seemed to expensive to experiment with (great seats- just more money that I can risk to be unhappy).

The biggest issue with aftermarket seats is width and height. You can go up to 22" wide across the top of the cushion. However, the seats must be no more than 19" at the base. That is important to understand. The door sills sit up a little ways on each side and the center console widens ahead of the seat cushion.

The cushion height from the floor board is important to mention. If it sits too high, you'll stare at the sun visors. It is really hard to find a seats that sits too low- most seats don't even come close to sitting too low. One way to get around the overall height is to use the thinnest sliders you can find and then mount them to 1/8" thick steel for adapters.

Shoulder bolster width is a consideration. The door glass tapers inward just a bit. The upper portion of the door panel may infinge upon the recline movement of a seat with wide shoulder bolsters.

Good luck- I hope my observations help.

Ive never tried either of those, but I can tell you where Im going fwiw. I saw one post on another forum about fitting in firebird seats (from a 98-02). The tech article said they fit correctly and I think they looked good in a c3. They are a fairly inexpensive option to experiment with too *big plus for me ;-) * I want to find some in the next few weeks (after my new floor pan goes in this week hopefully). I can update and let ya know how they do if youd like.

Good luck on finding seats. I know my post wasnt exactly what you were looking for, but having options is a good thing.

I am lurking on this post to see what the suggestions are. I don't want my seats to look out of place, but some additional adjustments would be great.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom