Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Sebring ALMS

Corvette
'13 427 60th vert - '21 Silver Flare Coupe - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
Corvette Racing finished Wednesday's practice session at Sebring 1-2 in the GT2 class. The top 5 GT2 cars were within 0.6 seconds of each other. Looks like the GT2 class will be the class to watch come Saturday.

Can hardly wait till Saturday morning to watch it on Speed-TV. :thumb

After today's (Thursday) first practice session, the BMW's are in the top 2 spots with the C6.R's back in 5th and 9th. The run to the first pit stops ought to be a real dog fight.

The Bemmers appear to have the advantage after Thursday's 3 practice sessions. The top 6 GT cars are all pretty close however.

Hey 6 Shooter, that is one cool Jake picture. Is it a poster? If not, it should be.

Last practice before qualifying this afternoon, it's Ferrari, BMW, BMW, Porsche then Corvette.

Qualifying is over and the GT2 top 6 are:

BMW
Porsche
Porsche
Ferrari
Corvette
Corvette

The top 6 cars are within 1 second of each other.

Qualify

... only mildly interesting for a 12 hr run but it's gonna be close.
Will "Jake" get back at Bergmeister? :rotfl

ALMS at ~5 Hrs

How did they crash each other in the pits?!! It's a 12 hr race, take it easy!! WTF? Now what, survival? :mad

The BMW's are strong.

Well, the Corvettes finished 8 and 9 in the GT class out of 13. They beat themselves with that pit accident early on. I'll bet they don't make that mistake again! After they got the problems from the accident fixed they were running competitive laps. I am sure the next race will be better for them.

After the other teams and the media praised the Corvette Racing's pit work and how professional it is, the go and wreck each other in the pits. Plus the got pit lane speeding tickets. A big bowl of not good.

Check out the article at: http://www.corvetteracing.com/history/2010releases/sebring/sebring2.shtml

Doug Fehan referred to the incident in the pits as "the perfect storm" of events that caused the cars to hit each other and basically ruin their race.

In the Pits?

The won all kinds of awards last year for best pit crew and team and all. Why were they so hyperactive in a 12-hour race that they goofed up so bad?! Now the next few races are sprint runs and they have to be that quick in the pits.
They're gonna have their hands full with the field this season for sure, the BMW team is strong so the GT frontrunners will be driving tip-to-tail most of the season, I'd expect.

Why is the Ford GT entered in this production based series? The GT has been out of production for 5 years.

The won all kinds of awards last year for best pit crew and team and all. Why were they so hyperactive in a 12-hour race that they goofed up so bad?! Now the next few races are sprint runs and they have to be that quick in the pits.
They're gonna have their hands full with the field this season for sure, the BMW team is strong so the GT frontrunners will be driving tip-to-tail most of the season, I'd expect.

Why is the Ford GT entered in this production based series? The GT has been out of production for 5 years.

The Ford GT is eligible for at least 2 more years by the worldwide FIA/ACO rules that govern this race [ACO], and ALMS [FIA]. The real question is why were the Maserati MC12 [less than 50 ever built] and the Saleen S7R[less than 50] granted waivers by the FIA to race for another year in GT1. These cars seem to have been ineligible from the beginning. And they are no longer factory supported ,whereas the Ford GT is still homologated by Ford.

The Ford GT is eligible for at least 2 more years by the worldwide FIA/ACO rules that govern this race [ACO], and ALMS [FIA]. The real question is why were the Maserati MC12 [less than 50 ever built] and the Saleen S7R[less than 50] granted waivers by the FIA to race for another year in GT1. These cars seem to have been ineligible from the beginning. And they are no longer factory supported ,whereas the Ford GT is still homologated by Ford.

Yeah, I was curious about the MC12. Didn't get too far. Saleen: :puke

I sure hope the Vette team gets it together from here out, I was hoping for a real showdown at Sebring. It's gonna be a mash with the BMWs added to the mix. Now that they blew off Formula1, they have backing to be serious.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom