Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Second class citizens?

Z_OH_6

Corvette
2003 MY/Blk Z06 - 1994 Copper Met/Lt Bg Coupe
Now that the C6 Z06 has relagated us, power and performance-wise, to owning the second 'quickest' Corvette ever made, do you feel as though we need validation? Has our Vette ownership been so eclipsed by the newbie that we are hurting? What I mean is, do we need vindication for owning our gorgeous and sleek and slinky C5 Z06 models or do we need a C6 Z to be high class again? I am starting to like the C6 body style and the Z06 specifically, but the C5 style and slender, flowing lines still spell, to me, much more beauty over the slightly more brawny C6. Anyone else feel this way?

Z_OH_6 said:
I am starting to like the C6 body style and the Z06 specifically, but the C5 style and slender, flowing lines still spell, to me, much more beauty over the slightly more brawny C6. Anyone else feel this way?

Yes! Yes! You really summed it up for me.

But- I would not kick a C6 Z06 out of the garage. I just don't lust after it quite as much as I did the C5... and if I ever end up with a C6 Z06, I will do everything in my power not to sell or trade the C5 Z.

I would like to have them both.... but Mr. C5 will never be a 2nd class citizen to me. He owns my heart.

Tammy

MsSchroder said:
Yes! Yes! You really summed it up for me.

But- I would not kick a C6 Z06 out of the garage. I just don't lust after it quite as much as I did the C5... and if I ever end up with a C6 Z06, I will do everything in my power not to sell or trade the C5 Z.

I would like to have them both.... but Mr. C5 will never be a 2nd class citizen to me. He owns my heart.

Tammy

I like the agressive look of the new Z but to me it will not eclipse the slender, flowing lines of the curvaceous lady that stole my heart in that exquisite yellow gown. Long live the C5 shape and style! :upthumbs

Not to take anything away from the C6 owners - I know they love their rides and as a fellow enthusiast I'm happy for them - BUT - I still feel the C5 is the more sleek and beautiful of the two generations.

The C6 has the brawn, but the C5 has the beauty.

Z_OH_6 said:
...I am starting to like the C6 body style and the Z06 specifically, but the C5 style and slender, flowing lines still spell, to me, much more beauty over the slightly more brawny C6. Anyone else feel this way?

Hear, hear! I agree, the lines of the C5 are just more sculptural to me. And I'll also say this- one of the things I like most about the C5 Z06 is the fact that you can recognize it from a distance, due to the notch-back window design. I still don't know why they didn't do something similar in the C6 Z06.

:w
-Patrick

MsSchroder said:
...but Mr. C5 will never be a 2nd class citizen to me. He owns my heart.

Tammy

Tammy, Mr. C5? He? :confused

Do I need to go back and find that "Joy of Z06" essay I once wrote to prove the C5 Corvette is female?
:L

-Patrick

Patrick said:
Hear, hear! I agree, the lines of the C5 are just more sculptural to me. And I'll also say this- one of the things I like most about the C5 Z06 is the fact that you can recognize it from a distance, due to the notch-back window design. I still don't know why they didn't do something similar in the C6 Z06.

:w
-Patrick
Great point Patrick; the C5 Z is unique among other C5's for that hard top feature. And even from the C5 FRC's with the ducting and wheels. The C6 Z would have benefitted from more delineation from it's C6 bretheran in my opinion. Have to admit though, I love its wheel design.
:beer

Patrick said:
Tammy, Mr. C5? He? :confused

Do I need to go back and find that "Joy of Z06" essay I once wrote to prove the C5 Corvette is female?
:L

-Patrick

After thinking for several years... is it a he or she.. I am completely sure that MY Handsome Z06 is definitely a HE! :D

Your results may vary ;)

MsSchroder said:
After thinking for several years... is it a he or she.. I am completely sure that MY Handsome Z06 is definitely a HE! :D

Your results may vary ;)

My old car is a she.......wolf.

Funny how that works. Female driver....male car. Male driver....female car.

Who says Corvettes aren't all about sex? :naughty:

67HEAVEN said:
Who says Corvettes aren't all about sex? :naughty:
Well of course they are! :L

We should have a contest for the Sexiest Photo of Your Vette. (for vettes only).

MsSchroder said:

Your results may vary ;)

Okay, Tammy, you forced my hand. Yes, my results DID vary. ;LOL

Retrieved from somewhere deep in the CAC archives, my original essay:

"The Joy of Z06"
It's morning, and all the first-of-the-day chores and routines have been completed. I walk to my garage and open the door. She's waiting there- patiently watching me, knowing me.

I push the button on the fob, and she even winks at me. She knows.
The door opens at my touch and I climb inside and settle myself into a snug, leather appointed cockpit and close the door. I strap myself in, and for good measure, pull the lap strap to activate the cinch. And with that, I know I am hers. She has me right where she wants me.

The key is inserted into the ignition, but before firing her up, I turn it to the on position. The digital readout in front of me flashes "CORVETTE... BY CHEVROLET". That's just a tease. The final segment of turn on the key is made, and she comes to full awakeness with a roar. She is ready, and now she grows impatient. It's even a little intimidating: 405 horses are being held up.

The shift into first, the release of the brake, and the gentle ease of pressure on the clutch and application of pressure on the gas... we have movement now. In front of me, glowing green in the air in front of me, I'm told my RPM and speed. Its in single digits for now, and she's irritated with my caution.

"It's okay, baby," I tell her in my mind, "just a moment longer." Pressure on the gas increases and she rolls ahead. Her impatience to run can't be restrained any more- she locks the doors on me, a signal that's she's not letting me out until she's had her way with me.

I reach the street now, and reward her waiting: the gas goes down hard, and rhythmically, we go second, third, fourth... Now, she's getting happy. The green numbers floating in front of me spiral upward, and she gently pushes me back into the seat. "I'll take it from here," she whispers to me.

Am I the one in control here, or is she? Does she decide the route I take will be the direct one, or the scenic one so we can spend more time together? Did she choose the path that she knows features challenging twisties in the road, or does she want the straightaways for speed? Is that her raising the volume on the music? "You can listen to anything you want," she tells me, "pick something to set the mood. But you aren't getting out of here until I say so."

"Whatever you say," I respond again, inside my head. I'm almost breathless now.

Did the journey last hours? Or mere minutes? I can't really say- I'm just not sure. Somehow, when I surrender myself to her, time has no meaning. I just know that at some point, the conscious part of me realizes that where ever we were headed, we've arrived. The brake has been applied. We sit in neutral. And now the key has been turned off, giving her a well earned rest.

I sit for a moment, still strapped in, still hearing the music she's playing, but listening to my accellerated heart beat. I'm smiling. I gather myself, release the seat belt and exit the cockpit. I'm still smiling. I push the lock button on the fob, and watch as she winks to me once more. And I'm still smiling.

"When you want to do it again, you know where to find me," I hear her say. But she knows that's un-necessary. I'll be back for more. I always am.

I don't think any owner of any Corvette is a second class to a C6 or a Z06.. Yep they are very nice cars, and very fast.. but 80K is just out of my reach.
I sure as HeXX don't feel a bit bad that i have a C5..

Ernie

Well of course, having the latest toy is usually better, and I think that the only thing holding most of us back... is money. We paid dearly for the Z06's we currently own. Some may have paid them off, while others have some way to go. Some people paid cash while still others are so fortunate that yes they have both. But the big question is, do I (we) really want to go through all that again and even if I (we) did, would it really be worth it? As I've said before, the C6 is a beautiful car, but let's look at this a little deeper. Where does it end? At the C7 or C8, 9 or 10!? Now again, if I had several times the price of a C6 Z06 burning in some account somewhere then fine. But with age comes wisdom, for most people. A lot of what if's, a lot of close calls, especially job wise. A new purchase might feel good for a few minutes, and then what? So it's a very individual thing. As for me, I'm gonna wait for the C7 Z06. And even then I'm gonna be sure it's at a discount. Somebody in trouble kinda' thing. And as a caveat, I'd like to let everybody here know that locally in Honolulu, I saw 3 C6's for sale in the morning paper, so what's up with that? Why are people buying them and then suddenly having to sell them?! ;)

My C5 is a She!! My C4 is a She!! My C3's are Female Too!! And Last But not Least My 84 C30 Silverado LS6 454 Car Hauling Truck is Female Too!! "Olga" Sometimes she has to put one of the Girl's on her Back and Bring them Home!! :D junk!!

nyernga said:
I think ALL of you should just ......get a room..... ;LOL

The local Holiday Inn has a nice big room with conference center. I say we GO FOR IT!!! ;LOL

I'm Up For That But................

MsSchroder said:
Well of course they are! :L

We should have a contest for the Sexiest Photo of Your Vette. (for vettes only).

My pictures would NOT be allowed in here:nono

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom