Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Secondary Air Injection System

Redcap

Corvette
Torch Red 2000 fixed roof coupe.
The check engine light in my 2000 hardtop just came on. It's showing a P0410 code for Secondary Air Injection System. The car just turned over 50,000 miles. Is there a part that is more likely than the others in this system that might be the best place to start diagnosing the problem? Thanks for the help.

Remove the battery and look for a leaking vacuum hose. I had the same code and it had nothing mechanically to do with the injection pump or hardware. I traced it to the vacuum leak under the battery. Found a hose that looked like it had rubbed through. Repaired that and the code was gone. Just an idea!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

I did remove both the battery and battery tray, but couldn't see any vacuum lines, only electrical cables. I also removed the passenger side front wheel and the rear inner fender panel and eventually located the vacuum reservoir. I had limited access due to the control modules mounted in front of it, though. I felt the lines connected to the reservoir as far as i coult reach but couldn't detect and holes or cracks. I'll try looking under the battery again in case I missed something. Thanks for you help!

When you first start your car in the morning do you hear a buzzing noise near the left front fender area?

Last edited:
No, not that I can recall. Why?

No, not that I can recall. Why?

That would be the A.I.R. pump running. If you don’t hear it when the vehicle is cold and first started, then you need to start with why it is not running.

I had a similar problem with my '98 coupe. I checked everything and replaced the check valves. Long story short ,it turned out to be a bad relay.

Had similar code popped up. Started with the pump and found the hose to the air prelum had slipped off for some reason. Stuck it back on with a clamp and codes went away. I always start with the source if I can. Just saying.

Thanks to all of you who replied to my question. You've given me some more quality garage time with my Corvette!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom