Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Security Issue??

UncleBuck

Corvette
2004 LeMans Commemorative Convertible
Ok here's what's goin' on: I had my 04 convertible detailed yesterday, when I picked it up the detail guy made a weird comment. He said the vette wouldn't start so he had to turn off the radio and then it was ok. I got into the car and it started fine. I pulled out of his place and noticed my "Security" light on the dash was still on. Got home did some research, tested the TDS and it worked fine. So I figured it "self-healed" (LOL). Went out this a.m. and car would not start with key #1, it did start with key#2. Pulled the following codes:

10-PCM - Powertrain Control Module
P1631 Theft Deterrent System Password Incorrect

40-BCM -Body Control Module
B2721 PASS-Key Detection Circuit

A1-RDCM - Right Door Control Module
B2263 Horizontal Position Sensor Fit
B2265 Horizontal Position Sensor Fault

Reset those and attempted to start car with key#1 again. It worked fine!!!!!! I should mention that as part of the detail the engine compartment was washed. Now it seems the car works okay, but there is that little doubt that is creeping in about taking on a trip and then it won't start. Any ideas??

Never use Armorall. It eats plastics. Very bad JuJu chemicals.

Security Issue

Well it must have been something like a cleaning agent the detail wizard used. The car is working properly now. I have had it out a couple times, no codes, no issues. I didn't intend for this to turn into an Armor All thread.

Security Issue or Battery

Just when you thought you were safe! Security light came on again on the way home from the golf course. Had the P1631 code again, reset that and car seemed okay. Went out that evening, car would not start. No codes, seemed like low battery. Charged it over night, but it is 4 years old. I reviewed the CL video were Paul talked about the importance of batteries. Decided I probably need a new battery. Got the ACDelco 86PS as recommended by the thread. However, it is rated at 590 CCA and 110 RC. Not the specs recommended by the thread. What's up with that? Is this still the battery I should use or should I get something else????? New battery is currently on the charger awaiting a good response.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom