Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seeking 1989 L98 Engine Rebuild Recommendations (L.A.-area shops)

jpb

Corvette
1989 White Roadster
Good afternoon all:

Unfortunately (for me), a head gasket repair and upper valve job performed by my (former) local mechanic Powertech aka Cartech, now AutoMed in Culver City, California (11151 Washington Place, C.C., CA) back in mid-December 2018 failed and now they refuse to cover under warranty despite the car being driven less than 1,000 miles since. Vette was getting its interior redone and top replaced (2-3 months sitting) then suspension redone (another week or so) then audio work, so it was sitting most of the time.

That said, I am now seeking a reputable shop that can perform a proper rebuild, plus a few performance enhancements if possible, so that I can put my '89 C4 Roadster back on the road. I must admit, I do not know much about the mechanics side, only that I love my Corvette and have been on a long journey to restore her.

I live on the westside of Los Angeles and would love some pointers from any club members that may be local, or in the Greater L.A. area in general. Truth be told, I do not know what I am doing, and have been taken for a ride more than once while undertaking this project. In short, I'm looking for a Corvette "mentor" that would be interested in watching this project take its proper course.

In short, I would love an engine rebuilder recommendation. In the long-term, I would very much like to become a more active participant in the Southern California Corvette community. Any help would be GREATLY appreciate!

Just licking my wounds for now. Thus far, J&D Corvette in Bellflower seems like the logical choice, but they are booked for the next 2-3 months. If that is the best option, then I am more than willing to wait. Would love some alternatives though, just in case.

Thanks again all,
Jose

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom