Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seems to be starving

garys86

Corvette
1986 White coupe
Hello,
My 86 quit while I was driving & will not start, I don't hear the fuel pump when I turn the key, so I guess I'll start there to diagnois the problem. I'm having trouble finding the fuel relay, the picture in the manual doesn't help me locate it. Is it on thje L/S against the firewall or side wall? Next I'm going to check the fuel filter. Any other recommendations? Thanks for your help.
Gary

Hello,
My 86 quit while I was driving & will not start, I don't hear the fuel pump when I turn the key, so I guess I'll start there to diagnois the problem. I'm having trouble finding the fuel relay, the picture in the manual doesn't help me locate it. Is it on thje L/S against the firewall or side wall? Next I'm going to check the fuel filter. Any other recommendations? Thanks for your help.
Gary

Find the ALDL under the dash by your right knee. You will see a two row connector. The terminal on the second row, far left is terminal G.. Apply 12V to it and the fuel pump relay is bypassed and the pump should run if it is OK.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom