Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: sensor between 1 and 3 cylinders

PokerJoker

Corvette
Hey guys,

I've located most of the sensors on the engine, I think...

1. Coolent sending unit, top front of manifold next to thermostat
2. Oil pressure, left side rear...looks like a bell.
3. Oil temp, left rear side on the block, down a bit
4. Oxygen sensor, left side tied into the exhaust
5. Aux Cooling fan, on the right side of the block, between 6 and 8 cylinders

But, I can't identify the one screwed into the block between 1 and 3 cylinders.

I know someone out there knows.

Thanks,

Jeff

That sensor is the CCC coolant temp sensor. The temp sensor on top of the thermostat housing is for the temp gauge.

Correction as noted below: I thought I had it backwards when I typed that it....but didn't change it as I was not sure. Was thinking about the ones on my '95 and '96.

sensor between 1 & 3
is for the temp gauge

Thanks guys,

I was confused, because on ecklers the replacement on the top sensor says it sends the signal to the emc. But when I checked continuity on the wire, they were both going to the plug in in the back of the gauge cluster. So I checked the sending unit between cylinder 1 and 3 and I also got continuity between the sensor and the plug-in for the gauge cluster.

I guess that both sensors run thru the gauge cluster and the one on the top of the manifold next to the thermostat, goes on to the ccc.

I'm trying to figure out why my gauges are not working (all but the fuel gauge). I know I've got good continuity between the sensor and gauges, so I guess it's either the gauge itself or the sending units. I'm cleaning all the contacts...before I go spending a lot of money replacing things. Maybe that will help.

As always thanks for the help, you guys are great!

Jeff

Also check the continuity on the printed circuit behind the gauge panel. I just replaced the printed circuit in mine to get the volt gauge working.

If all the gauges are not working, then its most likely the flex circuit. Hopefully just a dirty contact....but very easy to tear a contact, so take it easy when cleaning it.

Mine had the top gauges working fine and the bottom gauges inop. Printed circuit fixed the oil and volt gauge, but I still need a clock.

The CTS has yellow & black wires going to it the temp sensor has a dk green or blue going to the guage.

the 81's had a oil temp gauge instead of a clock.
the clock was in the radio..:)

You are correct! If you have a cassete or 8 track radio, it is an ETR unit with a clock and the gauge cluster had an oil temp gauge. Mine was equipped with an AM/FM stereo, so it still has the clock in the dash.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom