Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sensors won't fit on my GS wheels

MusclecarJohn

Corvette
'92 arctic white coupe
Hey everyone, I recently took my Vette in to Scher tire shop for tire balancing with their hunter balancer, my car runs smooth as a Mercedes now ;) but they said they could not install my low tire pressure sensors on my wheels because my GS style wheels were too big in circumference on the inner part than the original sawblades? The GS wheels are repros, not real GM
I'm thinking to sell my sensors and take the ltpws bulb out, I have all 4 original sensors. do you guys think I should sell them?

well first, I'd get a 2nd opinion from a vette shop or tech that may know the "secret" to fitting the sensor. Then IF it turns out to be impossible on these rims, put the sensors in a box, label it and stash it somewhere. If/when the day comes that you want to sell the car or go back with different rims, the low air sensor is a nice feature that you will want. Never "get rid" of parts that you might not be able to replace so easily. The older the car gets, the harder that part may be to find.....

Trust me, I just went thru this with an ABS sensor...and got it and will keep the system intact even if I have to sell a kidney to do so.

Good advice boomdriver, I've definitely been there before where I sold something
that I wish I still had, many times :eyerole

sometimes theres just no goin back once you do a deal...
I honestly thought that I might have to abandon my ABS brakes just because I could not buy one sensor somewhere. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom