Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Serv. Tire Mon. Sys.

69/99

Corvette
1969 coupe, 1999 convertible, 2018 Z06
I recently bought a 99 C5 convertable with 9700 miles. The other day after taking it for a drive I put it in the garage and as I was putting the cover on it the lights and door locks began to erratically flash and lock (I had the passive feature enabled). To stop this from happening I pressed the key fob unlock button and it stopped but the key fob passive feature no longer was working. I then entered the car and started it up to check DIC options. The passive unlock feature could not be changed with the reset button and the DIC display had the following messages: Service Tire Monitoring System, Check Tire Pressure, Service Vehicle Soon. When I checked the tire pressure option, all four tires had no reading dislayed, yet the tires are all properly inflated. I took the car for a ride to see if the tire pressure sensors would reset, but did not. Has anyone experienced this same problem before? If so please advise. Thanks.

I had a similar problem last year. Got the Service Tire Monitoring System prompt and the DIC showed XXX for the left rear pressure. Made a appointment at the dealers and on the way there everything cleared up. Called the dealer and they said if it was now working properly there was nothing they could do because that would not set a code. Been a year now and everythings been fine???????? Good luck

HIthere,
This may be a transmitter issue, and could be related.
I would suggest that you attempt to get your codes from the RFA system.
Please also remember, that the 1096-1064 and the 1016 are classified as normal on c5, and should be disregarded, unless they are current codes.
Besttoyou, and please let us know what you have, c4c5:hb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom