Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Service ABS, Traction System, Active Handling

S

Skylark

My Service ABS, Service Traction Control, Service Active Handling warning came on and won't reset by turning the ignition off then back on. Inquiring the DIC came up with 28TCS Code C1214. It says "Sol Valve Relay Control or Coil CKT Open". I found the code in the Knowledge Base but it doesn't indicate a service bulletin or how to fix it. This code was both in current and history but, the previous owner says he has never seen a warning of any kind. He was the second owner and had the car since 8K miles.

Does this ring a bell with anyone and, if so, what's the fix and how expensive is it?

Many Thanks

Les ;help

Check out www.absfixer.com
My Service ABS, Service Traction Control, Service Active Handling warning came on and won't reset by turning the ignition off then back on. Inquiring the DIC came up with 28TCS Code C1214. It says "Sol Valve Relay Control or Coil CKT Open". I found the code in the Knowledge Base but it doesn't indicate a service bulletin or how to fix it. This code was both in current and history but, the previous owner says he has never seen a warning of any kind. He was the second owner and had the car since 8K miles.

Does this ring a bell with anyone and, if so, what's the fix and how expensive is it?

Many Thanks

Les ;help

You cannot clear this code with just a key-up. You either need a scan tester to clear it or you need to use the on-board diagnostics to clear it or you need to get through 100 drive cycles without the DTC being current and it will clear itself.

So, the first thing to do is clear codes and road test. If the DTC resets, you have a problem. If it does not reset, you're ok and it was some kind of transient issue.

If the code resets, unless the solution to this DTC is a problem with wiring and connections, the solution is either replacement of both the EBCM and the BPMV or replacement of just the EBCM. In either case, even if reman parts are available and it's done on a DIY basis, the cost of this will be high.

To determine if the problem is wires/connections or hardware devices, you need a scan tester that supports the EBCM in an 01, a DMM and the factory service manual.

Many Thanks

Les ;help
Been There,Done That!!:D:D:D

After checking out all the grounds,I sent my EBCM to Brandon at www.ABSFixer.com!!

He had it back to me in less than 48 Hours,with a Long as I own the Car Guarantee!!
Less than $200 with My Fed-Ex charges!!
(And Yes it was mine,I marked it and it wasn't a ReMan one off the shelf!!)

Link!! Check out all the links in this thread!! It's Like Prego,"It's in There"!!

Link!! This thread has a little Info and Ground Locations!!

:upthumbs

Thanks guys, I was in a bit of a panic for a while but it resolved it's self. I pulled the fuses for the ABS and traction control to see if they were burned - they weren't - but when I put them back in, the issue went away.

Boards like this are great. No matter what the problem is, there is always someone who has been there and done that.

Thanks again. :):w

Les

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom