Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Service ASR, Security & SYS

Only code showing up is 28 (AC clutch and cooling fan relays. Cooling fan relays are both jumpered to ground to keep fans running.

28? Only in New York. Everywhere else, it's something different...

Double check that, and confirm the module - 1 CCM, 4 ECM, 9 ABS/ASR, DERM...

And before any diags, the bypasses will have to unhook yup.

No more warning lights!

Welcome onto the boards there!

Glad it worked out as it did.

HOWEVER, some advice for next time -

Do NOT replace the sensor first. And forget the $4,000 scanner. You have a couple of .04c scanners in a little cup next to your computer monitor, and here's a pic of them (with the protective wrapper still on):
0156-0607-3108-3408_office_paperclips_against_a_black_background.jpg

THEN, when you get the code for x sensor, DO NOT BUY A SENSOR. Buy a multimeter, and see if power is going to the sensor. A new sensor with no power going to it will light the code up again. AND, it will not light it up right away, sometimes, making you think you fixed the problem, until it goes closed loop, and what do you then do??? Buy another sensor??? Not the best idea...

Just a quick update: Since I replaced the sensor, I've driven over 3,000 miles with no further incidents of my warning lights being activated. My brakes and all other systems on my car continue to function well, as usual. Thanks for your input and the colorful paper clips!:L

Hate to bump an old thread but I' have this very issue on a vette I just finished building. Its to the point where the car doesn't run at all anymore and when it did it only ran problemless for about 100miles. Then it sputtered and missed all the way till it would start anymore. Thats where I am stuck now. The A/C has been removed and a dummy pulley put in its place.

Welcome aboard :w

Feel free to start a new thread detailing your issue. What year are you working with? Your avatar is incomplete only showing 199.

Throttle issues?

It all started after I changed my thermostat, my digital display would not come up for a few minutes, once everything came online and started working, my throttle would redline without me touching the throttle, it also made my brakes apply pressure about half way while I was driving without my foot on the brake, any thoughts out there? I've never heard of this issue, and my other car enthusiast can't think of where the problem can be, I think it multiple issues.

I'm having an ASR problem with my 92 coupe... it will run perfectly, until the moment the "Service ASR" light comes on. As soon as that light pops on, it instantly dies and won't restart. When I'm trying to start it, it pops and carries on, but kinda acts like the timing is off. After it sits for a while (3 minutes the first time; 3 days most recently), it apparently resets, and it will start and run perfectly -- until the light comes on and it repeats itself.

Where is this "air conditioning control module" wiring harness located? Are you referring to the 2-conductor cable that plugs into the compressor?

I appreciate your help!

Havingsame problem on my "93. Is this the relay module mounted on rear of right hand fender well below radiator tank? I know this is an old thread so hopefully Cruise is still around and any others.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom