Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Service Column Lock

Z16#952

Corvette
1958 & 2004 Z06 CE
It has happened again. I had this problem back in 2007 on my 2000 C5 Auto Coupe. At that time the local dealership did the Column Lock service and added the K-harness. I had heard at the time that this was not a permanent repair. In fact, to insure this problem did not occur to my 2004 Z06, I installed the Column Lock Bypass from Corvettes Houston on that car. I have had no problems at all with the Z. Last week when the dreaded message appeared again on the 2000, I decided to do the CLB on the Coupe. After verifying that the battery and charging system were functioning normally, I pulled the fuse to the BCM and waited about an hour. I removed the K-Harness which the aforementioned dealer had installed, and installed the CLB. Started the car and no more message. A simple fix to a recurring and aggravating problem. Time will tell if the fix will be permanent or not. It has so far been a solution on the '04 Z. If anyone has had this problem, you know how frustrating it can be. My recommendation to any C5 owners is to install a CLB before the problem occurs and make life easier on yourself.

SPEED SAFELY !
DON

'04 VIN 00039.

Right at 10 yrs and 40K mi.

Never a problem with the SCL. First a stock battery and, recently, an Odyssey battery.

Knocking on wood?

You must be living right, Hib!

'04 VIN 00039.

Right at 10 yrs and 40K mi.

Never a problem with the SCL. First a stock battery and, recently, an Odyssey battery.

Knocking on wood?
03 11Y VIN 07988 116,000 miles Stock Battery and then the Biggest,Cheapest Used Car Dealer "BLEM" I could get!:L
Never had a problem with the CL.:thumb

Can't say that about the transmission though! :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom