Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Service LTPWS..????

B

Black Ice

I have owned my 96 for about 1400 miles now. All of a sudden last nite the Service LTPWS light comes on TWICE. The owners manual states its possible for the light to come on at speeds under 25mph and all is fine if the light goes out over 25 mph. Both times the light came on when stopping, then went out. It states its from a loss of communication with one of the wheel transmitters. Anyone know how the transmitters are powered? Do the need batteries or are they gyro powered? Just what type of "service" is required? I just might as well tear the whole system out if that idiot light keeps flashing all the time. I dont have run flats so all it is going to be is a pain in the a$$ to me if it keeps comming on.

Ltpws

Whenever you find out something let me know to. My light stays on constant. Whoever bought this car new ordered this option for like $325.00 but chose not to order performance axel ratio that cost I think it was like $22.00 go figure!

The wheel transmitters are powered by PIZO transmitters. They generate their current by vibrating from motion. It sounds as if one of yours may be going sour. Being you are OBD II you will have to have a diagnostic tool to diagnose
the problem, I think. On earlier OBD I, etc,
grounding of particular pins on the DLC would tell you which codes are being thrown.

If you decide to remove the transmitters then you will have to remove the bulb from DIC, or else get used to looking at it.

hehehe Ethan my car is the same LTPWS and NO Pref. axle,..go figure.

If someone is going to pull the system, I'll take it! I know they can be kind of a pain, but I like doing things the hard way.

Im not sure where the reciever is. It might be part of another component.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom