Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

service ride control lite

B

bnengr-1

hi all vetters!! I am a new member here as well as a first time vet owner. my '92 coupe has a front end shimmy around 70 mph and also the service ride control light has come on and stayed on. I had the front tires computer balanced, but the shimmy is still there. It is real bad if the ride control is noy in the performance position. If any of you have had this happen to you and you know the cure i would be happy to hear from you.....thanks :beer

When that happened on my 92, it was the right front actuator that needed to be replaced.
With a shimmy it sounds like it may be the shocks, or something else out of spec in the front end.

wow! Thanks for the quick reply there Ibitp37, When you say actuator, what and where is that?

Located on top of each skock with a wire harness going to the computer, unless you correct the shimmy 1st the warning will still come on.
You will have to see what code comes up with the computer check. Done at a Corvette,good mechanic.

Welcome :w The best 90$ I have spent on my Vette was for the GM service manual www.helminc.com . There is so much the avg. do-it-yourself'er can do with is book, it WILL pay for itself so get one.

Good Luck. :w

BTW, Nice color have you checked out the Crimson Armada @ www.crimsonarmada.com

Ride control - 90 convert

lbitp37 said:
Located on top of each skock with a wire harness going to the computer, unless you correct the shimmy 1st the warning will still come on.
You will have to see what code comes up with the computer check. Done at a Corvette,good mechanic.
Hi, I have a 90 vette with no ride problems, except the "service ride control" light is on. Is there a reset or am I off to the dealer again?

Joe

Hi JOE 90 Vette.
That,s what happened to me. I just did not like the light on so I had a new senser installed, but I did not feel a change in the actual ride.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom