Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Service soon light

• Thread starter Thread starter Yellow96
  • Start date Start date
Y

Yellow96

My service soon light came on-it stays steady not blinking
I read the manual
1. tighten gas cap
2. change in fuel--I use Mobible 93
3. low fuel-not the case-it's full
Has anyone run into this problem?
Thanks John Yellow 96-LT4:nono

I used to have an issue simmilar to that. The service engine light would come on when I got to about 3/4 tank, and stay on till the 1/4 mark, every tank. As far as I could tell, everything was ok. I switched the brand of gas (from Arco to 76) and it hasnt come back since.

Jason

Had this problem, took a week for the dealer service to zero in on the problem. It turned out to be "cold bank sensor 1" No problem since replaced

I had that problem with my 5.7 L GMC p/u engine. The dealer changed the EGR valve.

Only way to know for sure is to pull the code and see what it leads too... OBD-II monitors so much stuff that guessing will get you no where. Of course you can reset the ECM by disconnecting the battery for 10 seconds. If the code does come back, I'd have it checked out.

Thanks for the info.--I will try another fuel--I have 40,000 miles on it--Also, here on the east coast they play with the fuel during winter months--However, if it cont.-----I'll pull a code on it
Thanks again John:w

I had the service soon light on almost all winter, when it was VERY cold. I took it to the dealer... they said oxygen sensor, but when it warmed up... the light went off... for good. I dont know what code.

I have also seen that come on with bad tanks of gas.

John

Happened to me many times. It's usually because the air injector hanges up. They've replaced it three times in the 4 + years I've had it. Seems to be a problem on these cars. My dad has an LT1 1996 and he's had to replace his at least twice. Later Scott

I notice it happens during extreme heat or cold weather conditions.

Thanks again for the help----my went out--no light-we'll see what happens----re-read the manual and give it some time--don't panic like I did--if it stays on for weeks---I guess you bring in for computer check---thanks again for all the help:grinsanta

I had a similar problem with my '96. I finally had to replace the right side catalytic converter and two of the four oxygen senors.

It has been my experience to dump the computer mem about every 6 mos. or so............then take it out and nail it.......that will reset the box to the max performance defaults...........that get altered based on city and slow driving conditions over time.........

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom