Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: service traction control + abs

killerc5

hi there guys

my c5 has this message service traction control and ABS pop up if im in a gravel road or pass over rail road tracks:mad but other then that ill come up every other month. any ideas or is it suppost to come up when you go thru bad roads please advice .

thanks any info its gratelly apreciated :cool

hi there guys

my c5 has this message service traction control and ABS pop up if im in a gravel road or pass over rail road tracks:mad but other then that ill come up every other month. any ideas or is it suppost to come up when you go thru bad roads please advice .

thanks any info its gratelly apreciated :cool
Probly have a broken wheel sensor wire,Pull the codes and lets see what it says!~!!Post them,All of them History and Current!(DON"T Clear the codes when finished!~!)

1. Turn your key to the "ON" position, but do not start the engine.
2. Clear any present messages by pressing the RESET button.
3. Hold the OPTIONS button down, and press the FUEL button 4 times. (This will get you into the "codes" section of the DIC.
4. The computer will automatically display all the codes your car has created. It will cycle through each code every 3 seconds. (Have a pen and paper handy to write down the codes)

Note: Any code that ends in an "H" is a history code (something that has occurred in the past, but is not reporting as an error currently.)

5. Once the computer has finished going through all of its codes, press RESET to enter Manual Configuration mode. It should start with a module and show "NO CODES" or "# Codes."
6. To optionally reset codes once in manual mode, press and hold RESET until is displays "NO CODES."
7. Press OPTIONS to go into the next module (ie, from PCM, or Powertrain Control Module, to TCS, or Traction Control System.)
8. Repeat Step 6 until you have reset all the codes in all the computer modules.

Note: Only reset the codes if you want to- it is not necessary to reset them every time you pull the codes.

9. When finished, simply take your key out of the ignition.

I have a similar issue with my C5... usually in reverse and turning the wheels. If I'm in a safe place, I stop, kill the engine and pull the key for 5-10 seconds. So far this has reset the message and the lights go off.

I figure no need to worry about it until they won't reset.
Gotta remember to pull the codes on mine one of these days too.

BTW - welcome to the :CAC

:wJane Ann

I have a similar issue with my C5... usually in reverse and turning the wheels. If I'm in a safe place, I stop, kill the engine and pull the key for 5-10 seconds. So far this has reset the message and the lights go off.

I figure no need to worry about it until they won't reset.
Gotta remember to pull the codes on mine one of these days too.

BTW - welcome to the :CAC

:wJane Ann
There is a short pig tail on each side (14-18 inches long) from the main wiring harness on the C5 to the right and left front wheel sensors! Over 1000's of Rt and Lt turns and bumpy roads a wire brakes in them and needs either repaired or replaced!~!! I can't remember,But I think the wire cost around $50 at Chevrolet!~!!( Not a big task to change out,10 minutes or less! ):thumb

KillerC5, Welcome to CAC...you've already met one of our best in the Junkie (not to discredit XLR8 :D ). I'd bet that this is your problem. If Junkie says that what it is you can be assured that that is most likely what the problem is.

Follow his instructions and he'll have you going in no time.

hey guys thanks for all your response:D. ok so here are the codes that pop up. C2100 LEFT FRONT SENSOR MALFUNCTION C2110 RIGHT TPM SENSOR MALFUNCTION C2115 LEFT REAR TPM SENSOR MALFUNCTION ;squint:

hey guys thanks for all your response:D. ok so here are the codes that pop up. C2100 LEFT FRONT SENSOR MALFUNCTION C2110 RIGHT TPM SENSOR MALFUNCTION C2115 LEFT REAR TPM SENSOR MALFUNCTION ;squint:
Did you notice if there was a H or Both C and H behind them?~??

There is a short pig tail on each side (14-18 inches long) from the main wiring harness on the C5 to the right and left front wheel sensors! ........:thumb
Thanks junk!

there was an H after the codes
Ok that means that it has had a problem in the past but isn't present NOW!!~!
We not going to worry about the TPM codes at the moment!
What year is the C5,there are a few minor changes from year to year,I want to bring it up on my service program for the right year!~!:beer

You have a intermittent loss of communication with the left front speed sensor!
You'll need to get it up on a hoist or on jack stands and remove the wheel and check the connectors for loose connections and corroded pins at both ends,Check the harness for chaffing and pinches between suspension components,and broken wires inside the short harness! You will need a VOM (Volt Ohm Meter)or continuity tester to check the wires internally!~!:thumb
The short harness GM Part # is 10332527,Rt and Lt are the same! :thumb:thumb

I sometimes find a corroded plug pin, but usually find the wire is broken internally closer to the wheel sensor, plug end where it gets worked from turning the wheels right and left!:thumb:thumb:thumb

:beer

Thanks guys for all your help I'm going to check the cables behind the tired first thing this week and I'll let you guys know what I found out.

Corvette problem

f2004 Corvette with 10,000 miles ABS traction control and active handling comes on at about 15 miles per hour. stays on until is turned of with the key. Can anybody help me with this problem? snake1

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom