Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Several questions.

I have a 1988 coupe with a 350 HO engine (355HP). It idles down to 6-700 RPM's but goes back and forth from 6-7 after warming up. Sometimes it goes down to 500 RPM's. What should I look for?

:confused :ugh

My 2c

Hi Paul

I have been on vacation and am just catching up with the CAC. Last September my dear wife gave me new wires and plugs for my 93 at 96K. being a guy that likes to kill snakes when I start something I thought I could do the job in one day by taking the water pump off to get to the wires better. I also jacked the car up and put it on stands and removed the tires and inner fenders. the drivers side was pretty straight forward when it came to removing the plugs. The wires were not too bad until you get to the hell hole behind the compressor. Oh and while your at it order new wire holders you will need them and it is critical that the wires are run correctly next to each other. As for the passenger side I thought since it only took a couple of hours on the other side I was home free. Let me just say the number 8 plug is a female dog to do. In fact with one problem and another it took me over 4 hours to do just that one plug and then I later found out It was not fully tightened in the head. As Junk said there are more Opti's replaced then should be and since I was not having any trouble with mine I did not touch it. Later I developed a leak in the radiator hose over the opti and did not find it until it failed. The most fun I had was getting the non OEM wires far enough apart that they did not cross fire between each other but it sure was a pretty show in the dark to watch the sparks jump from the wires. I have also removed the intake manifold and fixed an oil leak I had it was probably about half the fun the plugs and wires were.:boogie

Hi John, I have been away from the CAC for a WHILE! Presently I have to fix my new roof as it is unglued, long story, then I had a new windshield installed yesterday, nice! Then I have seat foam dropped shipped tomorrow and a guy making new leathers. He's been making Vette leathers all his life. VERY nice work. My tired old flat, torn, haggard seats will be factory by next week!

Do all three and make sure you have enough beer.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom