Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

SHEESH $573.00 for a MASS Airflow Sensor???

B

Black Ice

My 1996 (that I just got 2 weeks ago) had a MAF fail. The failure caused the car to start stalling and turned on the engine light. I took the car to the dealer and the OBD2 system reported a MAF failure. To my Suprise I was handed a Bill for $573.00!!! Any one else pay this much? I think I was Robbed.

ouch, I hope they at least kissed ya, and promised to call in the morning

Oh wow at least they cooked you breakfast right? LOL :s

Arent those supposed to be around the same price as MAF sensors? Around the 250-300 margin?

WELL YES, Thats exactly it I think. The sensor is just a simple bolt on. But Yes they said they had to Test the wiring and Main Computer because the reading of voltage they were getting when testing the MAF circuit was wanky. They at one point thought the OBD2 computer the finned silver box was bad as well. I wish It would have been, They told me the computer carries a 8 year 80K mile full warranty.

I checked a Parts on line source and a NEW GM MAF indeed costs $425.00!!! It seems that the 1996 MAF is the most expensive of all the model years.

Ain't that always the way!

Sounds like my kinda luck!

umm

the MAF on my 85' cost me $199.99 in my Eckler's and it says it doens't include core charge

they don't sell a MAF on 96's, i think its cuase 96's have MAT's and not MAF's

Black Ice said:
My 1996 (that I just got 2 weeks ago) had a MAF fail. The failure caused the car to start stalling and turned on the engine light. I took the car to the dealer and the OBD2 system reported a MAF failure. To my Suprise I was handed a Bill for $573.00!!! Any one else pay this much? I think I was Robbed.

What ever your name is (black ice?), what brand air filter are you using?

yeah u guy's

1996 cars don't have MAF's

the have MAT's

there is no mas air flow sensor on your 1996 car

Whats the difference? It looks like a MAF It says MAF on my repair order from the dealer?

its just two differant types of sensors..

newer corvettes like yours,, 92 to 96 uses two sensors to tell the engine about air flow, MAT and umm something else that is infront of the intake

where 84 to 91 sues one sensor int he intake tube liek thing,,,called the MAF

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom