Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shifting Lag

alan ream

Corvette
2004 Red Z06
I normally don't push my Z06 all that hard (tires aren't that cheap anymore) however, when I do get the urge to up and go I wonder what's wrong.

After winding out in first, I find that after shifting into 2nd, the engine totally boggs down for a fraction of a second (just like getting no gas) then it picks up and goes. Same thing happens from 2nd to 3rd.

I have a pure stock 2004 Z06 with no modifications. Any comments or ideas???

Alan

alan ream said:
I normally don't push my Z06 all that hard (tires aren't that cheap anymore) however, when I do get the urge to up and go I wonder what's wrong.

After winding out in first, I find that after shifting into 2nd, the engine totally boggs down for a fraction of a second (just like getting no gas) then it picks up and goes. Same thing happens from 2nd to 3rd.

I have a pure stock 2004 Z06 with no modifications. Any comments or ideas???

Alan
It's a little known thing called the abuse algorythm, it backs off the throttle opening. I get it once in a while although it's much more active on the C6 than on C5's. it's setup to save the drive train from undue stress. I know it's more intrusive at 4,000 rpm & up some of the people who have been hacking the PCM code can tell you more about it. I can say that it's the reason that a stock C6 isn't nearly as fast (in the 1/4) than one would think it would be.

AH/TC kicking in and stopping the rears from breaking loose by appying the brakes. If you press the AH/TC button for a few seconds. You will hear a beep and the AH/TC will be disabled. Just a warning, when AH/TC is disabled, be careful, nothing to save you when the rear breaks loose.:lou

Jack

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom