Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shiny Dash

Corvette
1985 White/Silver Coupe, 2001 Pewter Coupe,Z51,6sp
Hi, the dash in a 98 C5 that I just got looks like someone has given it a good going over with some glossy cleaner like Armour All.

The reflection in the windshield is terrible, in some light conditions it's like driving in a fog!!

Any hints on how to get rid of this glossy finish short of sandpaper??? ... :D

Appreciate any help ... Ron ... :beer

A good vinyl cleaner made by Mothers or Mcguires should take most of it off. Good luck

Armour All???

I thought that was a product of the past! There are new products out there that will give you a clean and dull surface, but not Amour All.

Check the catalogs!

Be very gentle with taking off the Armour All, it will fade in time by itself. There is no harm in helping it along.

This produst was a boon to the used car business in the late 60's.

Alan

If you like a sheen type of look on your dash, doors, console, etc., try 303 Aerospace Protectant. It's fabulous and provides UV protection...does not have that greasy, slick look of so many other products.

Elaine

Removing Armour all

When I got my 98, the previous owner decided to Armour All everything inside, the dash, steering wheel, the leather seats :mad I used Zaino Z9 and Z10 to clean EVERYTHING. Worked like a champ. No more fake shine, stink, dust magnet, etc. And the effect of the Zaino is great! Now it smells like a leather jacket, its soft, supple and most importantly clean :D .

I would give it a try, it worked for me!

Who sells Zaino? I've never seen the stuff on a shelf up here, but I sure do hear about it in this forum. Do you buy it through a catalogue???

Ron ... :confused

Just use a lint free, slightly damp cloth. Wipe Wipe Wipe. Shine is gone.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom