Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shipping to Canada

Y

Yamafan

Anybody have recommendations about how to ship to Canada. Are there any private brokers that are less expensive than the shipping companies use? I have just recieved the two bodywork books I ordered. 24.95 US $ each. Delivered to my door cost 124.00 Canadian $. Live and learn. Now I know why its so expensive to restore a Corvette.

YAMAFAN,

Recently I shipped Polo Shirts to Canada and to Australia.. I can't find the receipt for the package cost to ship to Canada, but yesterday I sent 2 polo shirts (about 2lbs) to Australia (Queensland) priority air, for $16.00 U.S. I know it wasn't that much to send shirts to Canada..

I don't know what $124 Canadian relates to in U.S. bucks, but that sounds MIGHTY high for something that cost $24.95 :mad

BudD
:w

I Know what you mean!!!!!

I get my parts here in Manitoba from Ontario Corvette Corral.
By the time you do the exchange rate and shipping it usually ends up being double price!You might try out of province supplier to get out of paying taxes.If you by direct from US prepare to pay taxes and customs at the border.Small items can be mailed as a "gift" to avoid some border gouging!!!! Welcome to getting screwed for parts Canadian style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barry:r

You guys are right!!

If you use the carrier to do your customs clearance .. it will cost big time. I consider myself lucky.. it's only an hour drive to Ogdensburg N.Y. for me.. so, I have everything shipped to Mail Boxes ETC. there , drive down and pick the item up .. declare it and pay the necessary taxes at the border! Much better that way. How far are you guys from a border crossing town??

I used the above process for an air-horn, four ZR1 style wheels with Kumho's attached and several other small items!

Works great and saves money too!

Thanks for the response. Indirectly you answered another of my questions and that is whether or not any of the dealers in the province can do better by using their own brokers. If I understand correctly when you ordered from Corvette Corral you experienced the same problem with the brokerage fees. US exchange rate I can live with. It turns out I live about 5 hours from the nearest border (Sault Ste Marie Michigan) There appear to be at least 2 Corvette parts people that have provided me with catalogs. Paragon Reproductions and Corvette Central. Sounds like a I need to make a road trip with my trailer and pickup everything I need. Especially since one of the items may be a complete frame. Do you have any recommendations for engine and transmission rebuild shops?

RJ

A big part of the cost is the fee that the carrier charges to clear customs. Sometimes it's US$25 minimum. Have your packages sent Parcel Post, they'll hold it at the local Post Office for you to pick up and clear Customs. The Post Office fee is 5 bucks!!! Canadian!!! That's like $0.50 US. Call your P. O. $ ask.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom