Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shock replacement

bling vette

Corvette
2004 Millenium yellow Conv.
I want to replace the front and rear shocks on my 2004 convertible. I am looking at Bilsteins. As we only use the Vette for cruising, which model would be the best for us?

You want the "sport" version. The "heavy duty" are the replacements for the Z51 equipped cars and will a slightly harsher ride.

You want the "sport" version. The "heavy duty" are the replacements for the Z51 equipped cars and will a slightly harsher ride.

Tom, I think you may have that backwards. I installed the HD version since I drive only on the street and wanted a better ride for the street. Sport version, if memory serves correctly, was for lowered suspensions and possibly track use.

This was quite a few years go, so memory could be off a little. :)

Tom, I think you may have that backwards. I installed the HD version since I drive only on the street and wanted a better ride for the street. Sport version, if memory serves correctly, was for lowered suspensions and possibly track use.

This was quite a few years go, so memory could be off a little. :)
You are probably right. As I think about it, I believe I DO have it backwards. Thanks for setting the record straight.:chuckle

:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom