Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Short vid of 99 with Muffle-ectomy...

mqqn

Corvette
02 EB Z06 / 99 BLK Coupe
Hi Folks -

I had the mufflers cut off of the exhaust on our 99 coupe and had straight pipes welded on, terminating in some Hedman twin-outlet resonator tips.

I took a short vid of the car so folks could hear how it sounds with just 4 catalytic converters and no mufflers -

http://www.iammoon.com/CKS/99_coupe_strait_pipes_042005.MPG

I think it sounds good - and not too loud as to wake up folks if we come home late - as long as we don't open it up!

<edit> New vid posted further down in this thread. </edit>

best regards -

mqqn

I think it sounds pretty darn good! Nice throaty burble, even at idle.

Tammy

Muffler ectomy...

Thought this was pretty good but what would really be nice is a sound clip like the ones that Corsa,Magnaflow and some of these others do. At idle, at high rev and at cruising then added to that "let off". Then you get a full appreciation for what you have accomplished. It would be interesting to hear.
Just a thought,
Bill

Hi guys -

I'll check out the corsa site and see what Bill is talking about - then I'll try to duplicate what I find there so you can make a comparison.

After living with the cut-off for 10 months - we still love it.

Those who venture to Effingham will get an opportunity to hear it in person.

best regards -

mqqn

Bill Coke said:
Thought this was pretty good but what would really be nice is a sound clip like the ones that Corsa,Magnaflow and some of these others do. At idle, at high rev and at cruising then added to that "let off". Then you get a full appreciation for what you have accomplished. It would be interesting to hear.
Just a thought,
Bill

Hi Bill -

I am calling this mod the "Billy Bob Performance Exhaust Engineering "Billy-Bobbed" Catback System.

bb_logo1.gif
originals.jpg

I have footage of a normal conversation at 80mph, a rev at the rear, and a kick-down to passing gear and winding out on the highway.

http://www.iammoon.com/vids/billy_bob_exhaust.wmv

best regards -

mqqn

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom