Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Should I avoid a challenge?

MARKSC4

Corvette
1996 Polo Green Coupe
My 96 LT1 automatic BONE STOCK with 3.07 gears against a co-workers new '08 Mustang GT.

Can I take him?

Take him off the line and you'll take him. If he has stick and he misses a shift even a little you're gold!

How much experience do you have vs how much does he have?

Given equally experienced drivers you should be able to take him in a drag race, and totally embarass him on a road course.

I have the same scenario except that mine is a 94 lt1 against an 06 or 07 gt . Mine is stock also except for a k&n drop in , msd plug wires , ngk plugs , and an msd pro billet distributor . The guy is wanting to put money on it too so I'm excited . My 04 GTO beat several of the new GTs but haven't raced anything in the vette so Im wondering what will happen .

My 96 LT1 automatic BONE STOCK with 3.07 gears against a co-workers new '08 Mustang GT.

Can I take him?
Personally i would kick his pony boy butt:rotfl:bash And keep it leagal

If a bone stock lt-1 runs 13.6,you will have no problem.
Those gt mustangs are heavy.Guys bring them to our track rentals and they run high 13's at best.
Its the cobra's you would have to look out for.
Also,the ls-1 camaro's run high 12's with a set of tires on them.

If a bone stock lt-1 runs 13.6,you will have no problem.
Those gt mustangs are heavy.Guys bring them to our track rentals and they run high 13's at best.
Its the cobra's you would have to look out for.
Also,the ls-1 camaro's run high 12's with a set of tires on them.
With 3.07s you should do all right (drivers races) Mines not close to stock but when I was a lot less modified (and in Colorado Spring's high altitude) I used to look for Cobras, decent gears and a stall really wake the LT1s up! :upthumbs

MIke

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom