Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Should I have jumped for joy?? Prem Unl. @ $2.19/gal.

*89x2*

Exxon Gasoline tonight had dropped to $2.19 a gal! I nearly fell over :eek

Regular unleaded was $1.97 :eek This was the FIRST TIME in years I had seen it under two bucks...

My youngest daughter wanted to go for a ride in the Corvette tonite and she picked the black Callaway (smart kid ;) ) Out & about, I was amazed how cheap gas was - so amazed, I had no regrets about driving the car into boost, often :lou

Anyone else experiencing ultra-cheap gasoline at their pumps??

Ours is about the same in San Antonio. Nice weather to drive a turbo car!

You know, I remember during my visit to Texas last May, how cheap the gasoline prics seemed :cool They were ~ 15c cheaper than here in the Mid-Atl.

Tonight, it was a crisp 55 deg. under boost - LOTSA BOOST :upthumbs

Here the gasoline is 5.77$ per gallon. :( Well, the TT has been
put to winter storage, first snow yesterday.

Here the gasoline is 5.77$ per gallon. :( Well, the TT has been
put to winter storage, first snow yesterday.

Some states here in the USA, have more road taxes incorporated into the cost than others. Some also have higher costs due to additives - for some reason, we are blessed with cheap fuel in this area. Texas is/was too :cool

I think it was 4 or 5 years ago, a Gal. of reg unl. was hovering at about a buck-twenty... When reg. unl. broke past three bucks, it was nuts! People started to conserve (really!).

That said, I am still glad I didn't sell my daily-driver (4cyl.), as my truck gets about 12 mpg on a good day w/ a tail wind :(

I filled up my car a few days ago and regular unleaded was only $1.939!

Sigh... Premium is still $2.479 here, regular is $2.279

Enjoy your cheap gas!

-Luigi
:cool

Premium has stopped at around $2.35 here. Its almost $10 less at fill-up time, since the price drop. That helps with the natural gas bills about to get bigger.

Premium has been hovering around $2.20 here (plus or minus).

However, my last fill up of premium only cost me $1.40/gal! Woohoo!
We have a grocery store here that has those stupid little shoppers cards that you swipe. Well, for every $50 spent using your card, you get 10¢ off per gallon. Well, you can buy all kinds of gift cards at the grocery store for other stores, such as BestBuy, HomeDepot, etc. I just happened to have to buy a new dryer, so I bought myself a BestBuy gift card for $400. Voila! An instant 80¢ off per gallon of gas, in addition to the 20¢ I already had on it.

It's nice going to a pump and knowing that I'll be getting the gas for a dollar below the listed price. Some people I know with larger families will get their savings up to $2.20 or more off each gal of gas. Yes, they have even gotten free gas (when it's less than $2.20/gal). Ain't that nice???

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom