Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shout outs to Hib Halverson for joining CAC

GO_VETTE

Corvette
1984 Pearl White Coupe
Give your shout outs to Hib Halverson, writer editor and an experienced Corvette fella.
He is a good fella.
:beer

Every post I have read of his is informative and, of course, well written. His experience and willingness to help the rest of us with our questions is a great asset to this site.

Thanks Hib! Keep up the good work!

Jim Jones

So what does that mean?

Did he buy a Vette recently?

I have always read his articles, and I always thought of him as a CAC member...so what do you mean?;shrug

Anyway, Hib...here is to you! :beer :drink

Thanks for the shout-outs, everyone.

(snip)

Did he buy a Vette recently?

My Wife and I already have four of them.
(sigh)
That's plenty.:thumb

I have always read his articles, and I always thought of him as a CAC member...Anyway, Hib...here is to you! :beer :drink
Thanks.
Actually, I've been here on CAC for a long time. I can't remember when I signed up but it was fairly soon after Rob started it.

Every post I have read of his is informative and, of course, well written. His experience and willingness to help the rest of us with our questions is a great asset to this site.

Thanks Hib! Keep up the good work!

Jim Jones

I've been reading his work since i first started restoring my second Corvette. At the time I was clueless as to the whole C-3 Corvtte platform, he had written a number of well written articles on the corvtte for Corvette fever magazine, and I soon looked forward to his on-going articles. We shold see if we can get him to recap his experience when he bought his ZR-1. (A really in-depth look at the 'king of the hill'). But besides that he has a really huge knowledge base of all things Corvette, any year, any model, any engine and we're lucky to have him here to guide us along. Thanks Hib ! :)

"killian" might be talking about the old "Big Block from Hell" series that published in "Vette" Magazine from 1992 to 1996. In the late 1990s, that series was posted on the Idaho Corvette page at: Vette Magazine's Big Block From Hell

Interestingly, that project car may "rise like a Phoenix" and reappear in a project series called "The Old Dawg" in "Corvette Enthusiast" magazine. I say "may" because the closing of Crane Cams, the project's valvetrain sponsor, three weeks ago has thrown a big wrench into our plans. Our challenge right now is to find a solution to the valvetrain problem.

Our goal is to move the engine from 535hp to 575-600. Currently, it's a 460 cuin iron head big block. The lower end already is set with original LS7 crank, Crower rods and BME Forged Pistons. Our plan is to go to a modern aluminum head with a quarter-point more compression, a more aggressive mech. roller lifter cam, a different intake manifold and a 7000 rpm rev limit.

Again, thanks to all for the shout out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom