Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Show? Go? Both? or No?

Does Your C5 See Car Shows and/or Race Track? (drive optional)

• Show - I show my car

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Go - My car has track time

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Both - Show and Track

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • No - Neither show nor track time

Votes: 25 42.4%

• Total voters
I try to make as many shows as I can, I also take it to the drag strip a couple times a year. :w
vetteshots740.jpg

100_1371.jpg

No shows - just can't sit all day waiting to win a plastic trophy. An occassional run at
the drags (low 12's). Some high speed touring but mostly kept clean in the garage.
Remo:cool

2209786100103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

2001 Lingenfelter Convertible. T-One Suspension, Bilstien Sport Shocks, Kooks Headers,
Highflow cats & X-Pipe. 457 RWHP, 404 RWTQ.

You mean stuck in the garage under the snow :chuckle

I wouldn't mind a autocross event if I stumbled upon one. I don't know if there are any in my area. I am sure if I looked :)

I wouldn't mind a autocross event if I stumbled upon one. I don't know if there are any in my area. I am sure if I looked :)

The autocross events in my area are operated by the local SCCA club. Here is a link to what I would guess is your local club. There will be some contact information on the SCCA website:

Land O' Lakes Region SCCA WebSite

Jim

We Show and Autocross our C5s, have awards in both. Our cars are fun to drive and easy to show. I urge everyone to attend and at least watch an Autocross Event. Try and talk to some of the folks. Ask them if they are having fun. Seat time is much more fun than shine time.

JB.

I just show the C5, My Z/28 is set up for the track, 360 RWHP and a 100shot on top of that. Never raced yet - figure 12's

Show , go or both stop'n go !

I'm ashamed, I've been so ill since May I've barely have had time to back the Corvette out onto the street and go for a drive. :ugh

With a blower on a very stock looking C5, I guess I'm more for go than show. Haven't been to the drag strip, but we did pull away from a bud's 11.3-11.4 machine from a 30 mph roll.

Well let's see, I have had the car in shows over the years, but do hate the waiting around all Saturday long. I like to go to local events to help bolster the local enthusiasm of car shows.
I also go through about a set of rear tires a season. Not at the sanctioned drag strip, but around town.
But I do believe the best fun are events that mix both. You get about 20,000 cars lined up along a street with cruising going on, along with a lot of races. Yea, the Woodward Dream Cruise might of been the demise of a pair or two of my tires!!

:lou :Steer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom