Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Show Us Your Engine Compartment

Stewartsville, New Jersey

1999 Torch Red Coupe with silver ghost flames.
Remo:cool

engine99.jpg

taz009.jpg

THESE ARE ON AN ARCTIC WHITE ON TORCH RED CAR

2203766_141_full.jpg

Very nice Corvetteman - did you paint or purchace the red buttons holding in the hood liner?I'd also be interested in where the liner with logo came from.
Thanks, Tony C.

Hi Tony, well a friend and I both hand painted the hood liner logo after we spray painted the liner and I also painted the buttons total cost $17. Very easy to do to, the black checkers in the flag are part of the liner not even painted. We used those Testors model paint pens for the logo and just a can of regular black spray paint for the liner, I used actual GM Torch red touch up paint for the buttons which I haven't been havin any luck finding any more of it. I found it at Walmart in the automotive dept.

Question for 6 Shooter and Corvetteman

I've been considering how to dress up my engine compartment and this thread has been great! I have a Lemans blue vette and was thinking of a mix of some blue painted pieces and some polished SS. A lot of the aftermarket covers I've seen in catalogs replace the waffle pattern resevoir covers with flat, painted or polished SS covers. I really like the waffle pattern as I think it adds interest. So, 6 Shooter and Corvetteman, are your resevoir covers custom painted, after market pieces or a do it yourself paint job? They really look great. In the event they were a do it yourself project, has anyone had any success with a chrome paint?
Thanks, Tony C.

I still have some work left to do but its getting there. Everything was painted by me with some elbow grease and time.
IMG_2108sm.jpg

IMG_2104am.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom