Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Show Win Streak

TheSearcher

Corvette
2004 Torch Red Coupe
I run with a club named FAST GLASS CORVETTES out of Jonesboro, AR with about 50 members and at our monthly meeting this week it was announced that at the last EIGHT consecutive car shows at which members of our club participated, our club won the plaque for most cars in the show. We are going to a show this weekend sponsored by a car club in Searcy, AR (home of Harding University about 60 miles NE of Little Rock) and our club will have about 16-18 Corvettes in the show. For a small club in a small town I think we're doing pretty good.

The downside is that it seems there is at least one car show within 200 miles every weekend from April to November in our area.

You are complaining that you have to drive your Red Corvette to a show every weekend? You do not like showing off your Corvette amongst many others? If I could get some funds together to give my car a good paint job, I would love to take her to some shows. But until then, she will be a good driver.

Last Saturday was the "Corvette Celebration" show in Searcy, AR. There were 78 Corvettes in the show (mostly C5s of course). Our club showed 20 Corvettes and won the participation award for the 9th consecutive show. We also took home about half the awards.

I thought my car was spotless, but I nearly died when the judges asked me to turn on the headlights as I had forgotten to wash off the near solid coating of bugs from a night ride just 4 days prior. Still placed third in the C5 class, as this was strict condition judging.

The guys with the really dolled up cars (you know the ones with painted to match or chrome covers on everything, painted hood liners, etc.) didn't do well, but then they get all the awards at the general car shows.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom