Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Side moldings - what hight?

zagger

Corvette
99 C5 Convertible
I'm about to install side moldings on my car and I'm having difficult time finding any specs as to at what hight they should be on the door. Can someone please post some numbers for me, maybe measure your car if it's not to much trouble. Thanks in advance, Zig.

I'm about to install side moldings on my car and I'm having difficult time finding any specs as to at what hight they should be on the door. Can someone please post some numbers for me, maybe measure your car if it's not to much trouble. Thanks in advance, Zig.
At the rear of the door 5 3/4 inches up from the Quarter panel/Rocker panel seam to the rear tip of the molding,at the front of the door 10 1/16th inches up from the bottom door edge to the center of the molding!!! You should be able to site the fender molding from there,but it's about centered in the cove within 1/16-1/8 inch to meet with the door molding!!:upthumbs

PS. I measured off this one!!:Steer:lou

Img200.jpg

LINK!!

SWEEET ride! Thanks Junk, it's exactly what I needed. Now all I have to do is to finish chewing all the gum and I'll be ready so stick-em on :upthumbs.

SWEEET ride! Thanks Junk, it's exactly what I needed. Now all I have to do is to finish chewing all the gum and I'll be ready so stick-em on :upthumbs.

:L

Some folks don't like the BSM but I do... to me they give it a finished look.

Post some new photos when you get them on.

:wJane Ann

101_6f97p7d.jpg

I forgot: Photo by MsSchroder!

I also like the BSM but I have to comment on the Light Carmine Red Metallic paint job.

Very nice! Is it a standard color?

I also like the BSM but I have to comment on the Light Carmine Red Metallic paint job.

Very nice! Is it a standard color?

Thanks! Light Carmine Red Metallic was available in '97 (381 produced) and '98 (1,567 produced). It was replaced by Magnetic Red in '99.

The first time I spotted the online photo advertising my Vette, I fell in love with the color. After I purchased it I received a lot of compliments on it and one friend referred to it as the "most elegant Corvette color" she'd seen. I agree.

Jane Ann,

Well it looks great in your photo. Maybe I'll see one in the wild.

As you can see, I'm partial to black. But the best Vette color is a highly debatable subject and can be found in many threads here so we won't go there. ;shrug

I've never been a fan of BSM's and fortunately neither of the 2 C5's I've had have had them on there. But with that said I don't have a problem with cars that have them.

OK, as requested here are picks. before and after. This is on with low tack as I'm not sure which looks better. Please help and tell me which you like better.
attachment.php

As it is now,
attachment.php

or with bsm's ?

I agree with Jane Ann the bsm finnish the look and the light carmine realy draws a crowd

:L

Some folks don't like the BSM but I do... to me they give it a finished look.

Post some new photos when you get them on.

101_6f97p7d.jpg

I forgot: Photo by MsSchroder!

My '02 doesn't have BSM but I wish it did. Like you I am one of the few who seems to like them.:cool

I think they look better without, less cluttered.
2279MSG_C5_014-med.jpg

I think it's just a Spiral Gray "Guy Thing"!!! I personally like my Spiral car without them,But my Z06 and Steve's car looks Great with them!!:upthumbs

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for all the replies. MSG is that like something they put in Chines food:D. Looking at all the pictures I think some paint colors accentuate the natural body lines of a C5, which by itself doesn't need any help looking good. But in my case the Arctic White color seams to wash out some of the natural body curvature, especially the fender vents. The BSM's seam to generate some shadows which bring back the depth to existing body curves. Anyhow, thats my excuse, I'll be installing them permanently this weekend. Thanks again for all input.:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom