Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Side pipe header choices

L88 crazy

Corvette
1972 Blue T top
Whose headers will hook up to the factory 2 inch side pipes? Part numbers would be great.

Ive seen side pipe cars with traditional long tube headers that had the exaust make a 180 degree turn back up to the front of the car then 180 degrees back to the sidepipe.Doesn't seen like the best idea from a performance standpoint but it seemed to work.

Whose headers will hook up to the factory 2 inch side pipes? Part numbers would be great.

AA2501.jpg

http://www.corvetteamerica.com/cf/d...og.y=0&subcategoryid=&searchname=Keyword: jba

The ones on the left allegedly fit 57-80 Vettes in place of ram horns. I've thought about buying a set in the future some time.

Hope that is what you are looking for!

I have a set of Heddman headers that fit perfectly into the factory sidepipes. Sorry, don't have a part number.
Ol Blue

I just put on a set of Summit racing "block hugger" headers, The install was rather straight forward. However If I was to do it again I would have bought a better quality "block hugger" header, but these were given to me, so I couldn’t argue. I had an exhaust shop fab some 2 1/2" piping ( I have 2 1/2 side pipes)from the stock side pipe exhaust to the headers. So far, I’ve been very satisfied, and surprisingly...no leaks with good gaskets and locking header bolts. the whole fab cost about 80 bucks and took an hour, pretty simple for a custom exhaust shop.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom