Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

side pipe info

B

bandit

hi i was looking into the hooker side pipes for my 81 and the spiral baffles sound like there the way to go, but wich ones, should i go with the full tube type or the street rod version only 12 inchs of baffle. i still would like to think going down the road but i also want it to bark:upthumbs wich one do you fellas think would be the right choice?

I don't have side pipes. But consider this before you put them on. You will be held responsible by your lady every time she burns herself on them. No matter how many times you warn her to be carefull.

lol yut, sounds right. shell have to spread her legs a little wider if she want to get out! lol

looks like you got the hookers like im looking into, so what you use for baffle?

I had the short baffles on my Daytona and they sounded great; but if you take a trip the roar can get to you after an hour or so. Also You will burn your legs period!!! so look at the covers that Mid America sells to help with that problem.

Gary

Save The WAVE

Mine have the striaght through baffles, and they dont sound bad even at 65 or 70 mph with the windows down even with my 3.55 gear.

Another option . . .

Another way to avoid the leg branding w/ sidepipes is to go w/ the '69 factory sidepipes. They sound good and aren't as loud as the nest-of-snakes. I've had both and prefer the factory style for both sound and looks.

think i'll try the hot rod style shortys. they come with a small cover so can quiet them down a little more.

hey "black 81" how you like those 3.55 gears? are you still stock motor & trans? mines stock now but im looking into a little tuneing .

I like the gears alot really helped acceleration alot! The engine isnt stock anymore Ive replaced the entire engine with a .060 over 350 using 9.5 compression pistions with 416 casting HO 305 heads that have been fitted with 202 and 160 valves and alot of porting ect.its running a 488 512 lift cam with a bunch of other mods.Its a world of difference over stock and it will even chirp the tires shifting into 4th gear.

after reading that i had to go out and look her over, an dream a little. somday ide love to drop in a 383, with a 200r4, but for now i think i'll dabble with the gears, side pipes, shift kit for the old th350. maybe even a new stall 2000-2400 ide say.

The rims are american racing torque thrust 2s 15x8 fully polished.They do list these specific for a corvette application in the master catalog.

thanks for the info...what catalog? where is a place that has a reasonable cost for them? i know they are a pretty costly wheel.

Headers:

youl like em they sound awsome!

Mr. Black, could you send some other pics of your 81 showing the headers. I am considering it. I haven't decided on the finish yet. Hookers offers them in chrome, stainless steel, black paint, and ceramic coatings. Which are yours?
Thanks, :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom