Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Signal Flasher Access

wwood

Corvette
2002 Electron Blue Roadster
Has anyone changed a simple turn signal flasher on a C4?. I could remove mine by simply pulling against the wires. However, replacing it would be difficult due to space/access and I would not be able to push against loose wires to reseat the new flasher.

The turn signal flasher unit is located next to the ECM...You need to remove the hush pad in the pass. side foot well. Then get on your back and look up. You should be able to slide a long screwdriver up and pop the flasher out of the clip. There is enough wire to change the flasher. Then push the flasher back into the clip, the clip is pretty easy to manipulate.

turn_sig.jpg

Thanks for the help. I'll try your suggestion as soon as I take the car out of winter storage.:w

The signal flasher was successfully replaced. Thanks again for the tip. It was a bit of a pain to wiggle it out in the confined space but, as you said, there would be enough wire to do so.:s

wwood said:
It was a bit of a pain to wiggle it out in the confined space but...

Ain't it the truth! If you've seen my posts regarding my interior, you've see that I ain't gonna have that problem any more. :D

_ken :w

Is there a LOUDER turn signal flasher that can replace the original? Mine's a little quiet & my hearings not 100%. I hate driving down the road & not realizing my flasher is on. Part# if you know?

Thanks.

I ain't gonna say a thing. :t

As for there being a louder version of the turn signal flasher I really can't tell you, except to say that I have never heard of one.

_ken :w

When I replaced mine I bought a heavy duty one. It was louder than the original. However, louder is relative and, only you will be able to determine if it is loud enough. Good luck.
:Steer

Did you get it at a dealer, napa, pep boy? Part #? Do you just ask for hvy duty for the specific car?

Thanks.

I bought mine at Lordco but I have since seen the same one at Napa. I simply asked the parts person for a flasher to replace the one I had in my hand. Because I took the original in with me, they did not have to look up any numbers in their books. They only needed to know whether it was a 2 or 3 prog flasher (mine was 2 prong). After that it was just a choice of whether I wanted the cheaper regular one (like the one that came with the car) or a heavy duty one. :s

Thanks!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom